SOLD : 1969 2800cs mit 3.5 conversion

pecsok

Reaction score
SOLD

I am flying out to San Diego to pick up a 2800cs, vin 2270012, manufactured Sept. 26,1969. Baikal blue with black interior. No sunroof. 3.5 motor with two Weber 32/36 dgav's. It has 20+ years of records with it, including info on the motor work done.

This was my brother in law's car, and has not been driven much for the year or so he's had it. So this past spring, when he let me know he was thinking about unloading it I jumped on it. I bought it sight-unseen. I then flew out to see it in June. In anticipation of driving the car to NJ I got a new battery and put a battery tender on it, and four new Dunlops. The car pulls like a train, and sounds even better. When I saw the car in June I found only a quarter sized rust spot in the pass footwell area. I'll get more detailed pics up when I get out there 8/4.
My intention is to drive it back to NJ (!) and sell it here, where classic, rust free BMW's are non-existent. Plus I'll be able to say "YES, it WILL make it to South Hicksville, Tinbucktwo!!!".
So the big question: WHY are you selling? I am going back to school in September to pursue my dream of becoming a real, legit, ASE certified auto tech! Not only that, but I have my wifes blessing! Yes, I'm quitting my job and going back to school. With a wife. And three kids. SOOOOOO, as part of the deal something has to give. Hence it was with a sad, heavy heart I said goodbye to lovely Leela the wundercoupe, my 1600-2 mit s14 conversion project, my old e24............... and now this gem.
So while my original intenet was to keep this car, she sadly must go. So if you are in the San Diego area, it's at my B.I.L.'s place till the first week of August, then it's headed east. Take a gander, drive her, make an offer. SAVE HER from the horrible destiny of living out the rest of her days in NEW JERSEY!!!!!!
Folks in NY/NJ, I mean no malace! She'll be available mid August in the NY/NJ area. (I am in Manchester, NJ between NYC and Philly) I'll post an update when I arrive. Heck I may even post a travel report on the forum!

email me at..........

jonathan dot pecsok at gmail dot com!