SOLD: Brass Coolant Tank Brackets - $25

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks:

Many of you may have a brass coolant tank with the bracket missing underneath. I made these for my brass tank restorations and several for my friends. Kudos to @mark99 for the drawing it up! Yours is en route this week. ;)

The parts are cut via water-jet and professionally bent on a metal brake. They are a tad thicker than the originals.

I have about 13 that I don’t need. The price is $25 shipped (US).
B615393B-E2D4-401B-AE97-7F604B3EC073.jpeg

06BE6FED-A12F-443C-ABE3-3EE9A9784D57.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Two left after @buddha.

markos make me a right glove box bracket
why are these in need what happens to the originals?

Hi Alan,

I won’t be making the glove box bracket but as mentioned, I’ll send the trace over this weekend. The solder fails on the brass coolant tank, and the bracket disconnects from the tank. The bracket shouldn’t get lost because it is bolted to car.
I suspect that people removed the tank from parts cars and didn’t realize what they left behind.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'll take one Mark...pm me with paypal address. Thanks for doing this.
I'll assume that you have gone through the finishing process...clean, prime, and maybe some semi-flat black?...your recipe would be appreciated.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll take one Mark...pm me with paypal address. Thanks for doing this.
I'll assume that you have gone through the finishing process...clean, prime, and maybe some semi-flat black?...your recipe would be appreciated.

Done! Mine are still at the radiator shop. I need to drop a few brackets off. The process will be self etching primer and satin black paint.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark--I'll take the last one if you have the brass tank to go with it. I have the original yellowed plastic tank. What kind of bracket holds that one on the fender? Thanks, Drew

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I inquired but haven’t heard back. I’ll hit them up again. They are busy with a much more complex project that I assigned them. :D