SOLD. Dash Pad and Gauge Cover

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
SOLD Not Affiliated, dash pad a gauge cover asking $1000. No crackes. Phone 703-975-3811

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
even if they were pristine, that seems a bit rich. i would be very worried that the dash pad would get damaged during shipping - unless it was very carefully packaged ... like a wood box with foam inside of it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
$2,000 for a complete dash with wood is my magic number. That is also how much it costs to have Just Dashes recover your four piece Vinyl dash. If I were to break the used parts down, this is what I have paid for parts (without looking at my price list), or would pay:

Glove Box: $150
Under Column: $150
Fuse box Door: $125
Dash Wood: $300 (I sold mine for $250 - it was nice)
Cluster: $300
Dash Grab Bar: $150
Dash Aluminum trim: $100
Dash Tray: $150

That's $1,425. A good gage visor thingy goes for $200. That leaves $400ish for the dash cap. My two cents.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
$2,000 for a complete dash with wood is my magic number. That is also how much it costs to have Just Dashes recover your four piece Vinyl dash. If I were to break the used parts down, this is what I have paid for parts (without looking at my price list), or would pay:

Glove Box: $150
Under Column: $150
Fuse box Door: $125
Dash Wood: $300 (I sold mine for $250 - it was nice)
Cluster: $300
Dash Grab Bar: $150
Dash Aluminum trim: $100
Dash Tray: $150

That's $1,425. A good gage visor thingy goes for $200. That leaves $400ish for the dash cap. My two cents.
Hi Markos;
I have photos if you would like to see them. I need your email address.
Thanks

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My peaceful rant:

This ties allot of things together from some recent posts/various threads, OK, sorry, but I bought the full dash from the seller, I also bought a really nice wood dash from a guy on the forum who likes to "dump his old junk" :). I am happy to report that the first wooden dash-from the junk-dumper, will be gracing the interior of a CSL here in Austin. Now back to the full dash for 1K, I have 2 things in my e9 that I am not happy with one is the engine/trans because they are both tired, I am swapping the engine out for a pretty cool M90 block 3.5 and various goodies by way of the guy in SF. and putting in a known 75,000 mile G-265 to replace the previous 5-speed.
The second very poor piece in my car is the dash which now will be replaced.
I have seen some really nicely recovered dashes in leather etc, but my Polaris e9 that was recently sold had an absolutely perfect original dash in it and that is truly the way the dash should look (My opinion-sorry again)
The seller of this dash spent just under half an hour with me on "face time", where he was able to show me every detail of the dash and how it would be packaged. This really sealed the deal for me and I think that we're all close enough on the forum to face-time when spending more than a hundred bucks.

Chris & Autoworks, I think the most unfortunate thing in your transaction is the price paid for shipping, in a situation like this everyone loses- except the carrier- I routinely ship transmissions around the country via fed-ex ground for 70.00 to 90.00, and yes, I have an account but most of us us know someone with access to a warehouse so that may be worth looking into for future shipments. I think Chris would likely have refunded the sale price of the trans, 40.00, but that would not help Autoworks out much, so circling back to that mess, let's pin that to the wall as "mistakes we made where everyone got screwed trying to help one another out", and one day we'll all have a beer together. :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The biggest issue with this thread was a lack of pics. They were ready and waiting for interested parties so it seems. Harry always has pics of you email or text him. I couldn't tell what was being sold here, but I wasn't interested enough to pursue pics. $1,000
for a full dash is more than fair IMO. Glad you scored the Dash Peter!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My peaceful rant:

This ties allot of things together from some recent posts/various threads, OK, sorry, but I bought the full dash from the seller, I also bought a really nice wood dash from a guy on the forum who likes to "dump his old junk" :). I am happy to report that the first wooden dash-from the junk-dumper, will be gracing the interior of a CSL here in Austin. Now back to the full dash for 1K, I have 2 things in my e9 that I am not happy with one is the engine/trans because they are both tired, I am swapping the engine out for a pretty cool M90 block 3.5 and various goodies by way of the guy in SF. and putting in a known 75,000 mile G-265 to replace the previous 5-speed.
The second very poor piece in my car is the dash which now will be replaced.
I have seen some really nicely recovered dashes in leather etc, but my Polaris e9 that was recently sold had an absolutely perfect original dash in it and that is truly the way the dash should look (My opinion-sorry again)
The seller of this dash spent just under half an hour with me on "face time", where he was able to show me every detail of the dash and how it would be packaged. This really sealed the deal for me and I think that we're all close enough on the forum to face-time when spending more than a hundred bucks.

Chris & Autoworks, I think the most unfortunate thing in your transaction is the price paid for shipping, in a situation like this everyone loses- except the carrier- I routinely ship transmissions around the country via fed-ex ground for 70.00 to 90.00, and yes, I have an account but most of us us know someone with access to a warehouse so that may be worth looking into for future shipments. I think Chris would likely have refunded the sale price of the trans, 40.00, but that would not help Autoworks out much, so circling back to that mess, let's pin that to the wall as "mistakes we made where everyone got screwed trying to help one another out", and one day we'll all have a beer together. :)
Hi Pete;
I'm confused. Did you buy the dash from the lead I gave you? I have photos if you need them.
Thanks
Koopman

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Harry!

Good stuff, transferred the funds yesterday :) Thank you- it was a great deal!!!

Peter
Hi Pete;
The dash had the wood included in the price,correct?
That's what you find by searching for hours and hours.
I'm glad it was as nice as it looked in the photos. I keep notes on every member and what they are looking for and all I ask is they make a small donation to the forum.
Good Luck with the installation.
Koopman

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Harry-donation made- thanks for the work can't wait to pull the windshield and put in the new dash... oh wait, I can wait- not looking forward to that but like so many other things it just gots to get done. :)

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Harry-donation made- thanks for the work can't wait to pull the windshield and put in the new dash... oh wait, I can wait- not looking forward to that but like so many other things it just gots to get done. :)
Hi Pete;
Do you have the instructions for removing and installing the dash? If not I will send you a copy.
Thanks for the donation.
Koopman