SOLD- E9 Euro Style Front Indicator Lenses - Perfect Condition

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
For Sale - E9 Euro Front Indicator Lenses - Real Sidler/BMW, not reproductions. I bought these new years ago, I had them on my coupe for a couple of years. They have been in cabinet since I switched to Italian style lenses 7 or 8 years ago. Perfect condition, no scratches, no cracks, perfect color - ready to go on your e9.

Price for both: $225.00. Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks-

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3436.jpg
    IMG_3436.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 122

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the cheap Euro reproductions; I can't see them from the drivers' seat :), Vince, if I had not gotten the repros I would be next in line for yours as you really can tell the difference (from the outside)!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Unfortunately heavily discounted parts are not an indicator of market value. I could post two pages of stuff that I sold below market value, but it doesn’t change anything. Also, repops are $65 to $85 shipped, more than the part you sold.

The forum is the “easy button” for buying used parts. I recently bought a headlight bucket for $100 on the forum. I could have purchased two for $25 locally (check the e3 forum in a few hours).

I encourage all members to look in the UK and Germany for parts deals. I do, every day. I think there is wiggle room on @vince ’s sale (from a market value perspective). I have no idea what he paid however. I paid less for NOS lenses, but I also had them shipped from Germany.

Not Affiliated, just my two cents

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
bottom line, if you are doing a concours restoration ... NOS / perfect original is worth the asking price. most of us are not in that market and won't choose to pay the freight.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Being the recent new owner of a set of reproduction euro lenses - which is to say a guy that does not yet know the difference between the repops and these original, no longer available, Sidler lenses, does anyone have comparative images if what the obvious differences are? And realize that once I see these clear and obvious differences, I will be in the market for a set of originals. :cool:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Being the recent new owner of a set of reproduction euro lenses - which is to say a guy that does not yet know the difference between the repops and these original, no longer available, Sidler lenses, does anyone have comparative images if what the obvious differences are? And realize that once I see these clear and obvious differences, I will be in the market for a set of originals. :cool:

Hi @autokunst,

For me, I like the clarity and color of the originals. They are more clear, and less orange than the repops. Also, they say Sidler on them, and have a BMW logo. Below is a picture of mine.

FYI - If I say that I have something, I usually post a picture of it in my pathetic "build thread". My signature links to the page that I regularly update. I don't bump my thread, I just keep editing the same page. So you can always click on it if you need to see pics of parts.

36605788654_0dce553d39_b.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FYI - If I say that I have something, I usually post a picture of it in my pathetic "build thread".
Yes, but then I'd have to sort through the information when it is so much easier (for me) if you just re-post the pic in question. :D I will need to visit your build thread as I haven't seen it for some time. Thanks!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will need to visit your build thread as I haven't seen it for some time. Thanks!

Haha! Nothing exciting there but I am slowly progressing with my master plan. I need to ship a forum member some fenders very soon. The fenders and my rear axle are keeping the car firmly planted. My battery took all of last weekend to charge, so this weekend I plan to start and drive it.

Last edited:

Wladek

Reaction score
From my experience with white/transparent repro's - genuine Sidler's have slightly better profile that fit better to the chrome frame. But most noticeable thing as for me was bolts mounting areas - Sidler's have nice cutted, flat inner edges where bolts goes in, repro's that i had, has just cast/rounded edges without additional cuttings, that in my opinion might cause cracks if bolts overtighten or so.