Sold: Restored 370mm Prototipo - $650 Shipped

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wladek, when you say you have restored the Petri wheels, do you also mean the spokes? I’m sure many here would be interested in what you do to them and what they look like after the renovation.

Wladek

Reaction score
Do you still have the 38cm Alpina wheel?
And do you know off a Momo hub #152 for sale? If you ever come across one please..........
Would be very interested in any or both. Wishful thinking!

Keshav
Yes, i still have Alpina wheel - it feels so good in hands, that i didn't decided yet if i will keep it or sell it.
Momo hub # 152 - honestly, never saw one for sale, never had one in hands.
My Alpina wheel is with old Momo hub # 153 154 155

Wladek

Reaction score
Wladek, when you say you have restored the Petri wheels, do you also mean the spokes? I’m sure many here would be interested in what you do to them and what they look like after the renovation.
Oh, i wasn't clear - i'm not yet on the stage of heavy rusted spokes repair ability. Maybe i had a luck, but almost all of my 5x Petri's (silver Motorsport versions) had nice spokes, so i didn't decided to make new Nickel or Chrome spokes for them; just very slight polishing with metal polishing compound was needed, some leather heavy duty filler on foam grip imperfections and light foam grip painting 2 coats of colour and 2 coats of semi gloss clear coat.
For example - one of my 38 Petri's spokes where painted with red paint, so paint remover was also needed; under that red paint where virgin condition spokes.

p.s. If someone is considering a purchase of Petri for 300 EUR in worse condition, and put 400 EUR in renovation (like new Nickel, new leather wrap, special glues etc.), you might better concern purchase pristine condition wheel for 700 EUR and saving a lot of your time.

Last edited: