SOLD! Two Sets of 528 Rear Window Motor

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Again,
I have spoke to other members who have changed their motors to the E28 and they say that the window speed is at least twice as fast.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Ian,now I can sit with the E28 motors that took hours to find. Maybe I can use rhe for paper weights?
Koopman

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for this Tony, very useful.
Jay, see Alan’s links to the wrong motors
You are welcome! HB Chris got me on the right track . As he said the rear motors from E28 bolt right in WITHOUT any modification to the regulator . You just need simply change the two wire electrical connector. I decided to solder the pins as compared to crimping them and then connected the new pins on the motor to female receptor on the car .
Have in mind my regulators are the late 73 type and not the sardin Motors

Last edited:

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On my '74, the original 2 wire motors resulted in an up or down time of ~20 seconds for any of the windows. After removal of the rear windows and cleaning everything up, along with 'in situ' cleanup of the door window tracks etc, and installation of e28 motors on all four windows (yes the early Porsche 928 motors are the same), I now have about 6 seconds for full up or down on each of the 4 windows.

Don't have to start lowering the drivers window a quarter of a mile before a toll booth now!!

Gary

zak2002

Reaction score
I have E28 regulators on both my rear windows and they work very well. If i remember the gears on the regulator on the front doors of the E28 are different from the back doors. We used the regulator from the front doors for the rear windows in the coupe.We also used the later switches. The windows are much faster and smoother in operation. I have another E28 regulator on my front passenger side- it is kind of slow. I working on using some kind of relay for that one

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
From my understanding the REAR E28 window motors are the ones I have found for members. Also did you use the original E9 gear box or does the E28 gear box have to be used.
Thanks
Harry