Someone selling repro trunk lid vinyl trim pieces on eBay

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
has anybody given thought to buying a set from Christoph Bier? his price is 75 euro / side plus shipping ... and i bet they are very correct.

RHSteve

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Christoph will ship some of the larger pieces - you need to check with him. I had him ship the bottom/floor panels, sides, the trunk covers and trunk caddy.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I may put an order in for one of these. Wish someone would start making the shock tower covers as well.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
World Upholstery sells the Elephant Skin, I have it but have not checked it against the original
Redoing or making these panels would be super easy

BMW sells (or sold?) the shock covers
I ordered a set because I was afraid my old ones would break on removal, but I got them out without trouble, so I am selling the new ones
They are not quite the same as the originals, and they are 2 different colors! How did they managed that? I have been told Storm Grey vinyl dye is a close match but have not tried it

BostonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did anyone end up receiving these trunk lid pieces? How did they work out? thx

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did. I haven't put them on, but they look pretty good to me!
Does anyone have close-up pics of the material/panels they received? I am curious if this is a viable route, or if I should look into the material and wrap a substrate panel myself (like the originals, I believe). I think at least a couple of us ordered these, yes? Thanks in advance.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought one from him while waiting for my elephant skin trunk to be done. It's pretty good especially for the 100 bucks or so. He sends clips with it as well..there is a gap between the panel and the tool kit, HOWEVER, I am using an e24 tool kit while i wait for an e9 tool kit.

Attachments

• 20180826_140216.jpg
    20180826_140216.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 119