Sonoma Video Posted

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great footage- really like the split screen. Nice to see Terry there in the pits.
looks like you need some more oomph in group 2! What you gonna do to find some more hp?

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Don. We have a plan to build the motor and get a short course diff in the car. I think the current motor is basically just a blueprinted street motor. It has nothing below 4500 rpm, and with a red line of 6200 it doesn't give me much to work with.

shanon

Reaction score
Thx for posting! Always fun to watch.

Any idea what caused the collar lock bolt to brake?
Those are going in my new motor build as I discovered a rocker slipped off during my tear down after THill last spring.

Sending hasty rebuild vibes!

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you.
My high school girlfriend was in the passenger seat of my dad’s E3 Bavaria when I miscalcuated the end point and went through a cow fence into the pasture. When that girl broke up with me, Traffic “Feelin Alright” defined the rest of my teens. LOL. slowly coming full circle.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thx for posting! Always fun to watch.

Any idea what caused the collar lock bolt to brake?
Those are going in my new motor build as I discovered a rocker slipped off during my tear down after THill last spring.

Sending hasty rebuild vibes!
Hi Shanon- Ali, who is a mechanical engineer with lots of failure analysis experience, looked at the broken bolt and could see some long standing damage that allowed fatigue to set in and finally cause failure. Use only high quality bolts and check them for cracks and damage before you install them. That's my take-away.