Source for flush mount rivets?

PaulinPa

Reaction score
There are several places on the coupe that reguire the use of a rivet that after installation leave a flush head on both sides,the metal retainer that holds the headliner and the chrome trim that hold the window whiskers are 2 I've found.But I can't find anyone who has a clue where to find replacements.I know people have used standard rivets and ground off the excess but I'd like to avoid that.Talked with the Wurth salesman and looked thru his book but the best match we could find ,a "button" style,looks just like a regular rivet.By the way, he told me the silver paint they sell that people favor to repaint wheels has been discontinued!They are looking for a replcement.Anyway,any recommendations would be appreciated.

BonitaCS

Reaction score
I used solid MS (Military Standard) aluminum rivets counter sunk on one side but you need a squezer to install them ($100.00). You can buck the rivets to but you need the tools for that as well. I tried the aluminum pop rivets first but, like you said, the back protrudes too much.

HTH

Scott

johnrob

Reaction score
Look up the local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) in your area. These guys build aluminum planes so they know how to do any kind of rivet imaginable.