Southern MA/RI Cars & Coffee

Dino944

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not an E9 owner yet, but have always admired them and hope to add one someday. I just joined the forum and have been doing a bit of research and enjoyed reading about these famous coupes.

Anyway, a few car enthusiasts in Southern MA and RI get together for cars & coffee roughly every other Sunday at the Starbucks in Taunton. Often its largely Porsches as we started on a Porsche Forum. However, first and foremost we are car people and we love to look at and talk cars. We've had Jags, an Audi R8, an Aston Martin, Lotus Elises, and Ferrari on occasion. We would love to have some local E9 owners/enthusiasts join us. Its a great excuse to get up on a Sunday and drive the cars.

Please email me if interested or if you have questions. Here are some details.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back of the lot), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Sunday 6/3/12 (every other Sunday)

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic (since they went out of business).

Weather Permitting: If it's raining or looks like it assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

Hope to see some new faces and cars.
Best regards,
Dino

Here are some photos from previous C&Cs.
photo-93.jpg

photo-131.jpg

Last edited:

Dino944

Reaction score
Postponed to 6/10

Hi Guys,

Some of our MA regulars at cars & coffee suggested postponing tomorrows C&C to 6/10 due to mixed weather forecasts.

Hope to see you guys on 6/10.

Best regards,
Dino

Dino944

Reaction score
Sunday's weather is looking beautiful for a drive and to chat about cars! We hope some lovely E9s, 2002s, Bavarias (and modern BMWs) will come out and share the morning with us.

Duane I look forward to seeing that stunning coupe soon!

Best regards,
Dino

Dino944

Reaction score
Our next Cars and Coffee is scheduled for July 1st. We will keep an eye on the weather. Hope to get some more BMW enthusiasts to join us. We had a nice turn out at our last show Lotus Elises, Acura NSX, Alfa Romeo, Porsches, and Duane brought his beautiful Alpina 3.0CS.

Below are a few photos from our last C&C. Hope to see you guys there.
Best regards,
Dino

photo-131-1.jpg

photo-123-1.jpg

photo-122-2.jpg

photo-126-1.jpg

Dino944

Reaction score
Another great turn out yesterday. No E9s, but thanks to Marc a beautiful M5 attended. Hope to see some additional BMWs at the next one. Below are few photos from yesterday, (unfortunately, some photos including the M5 came out way too dark).

Our next order of business is to put together a drive from MA &RI into CT(as there have been numerous requests to do one). So far the dates suggested are 8/12 or 8/19. Tom suggested making 8/12 the date of the event and 8/19 a rain date, but lets see if we get more votes for one day vs. the other. Please PM or email me at [email protected] with the date that you prefer. Once we have a date planned and we work out some route details, we will put up a separate post about the drive. Not sure if we will all meet in MA, or have a MA meeting spot and an RI meeting spot for those that want to join the drive from a bit further South. If you are interested in the drive, please PM or email me your email address if you don't think I have it, so that we can be sure you are on the list and that we can contact you with any changes etc.

Best regards,
Dino

photo-126-2.jpg

photo-127-2.jpg

Dino944

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The video from Vintage at Saratoga looked great. Here are a few photos from our recent Cars & Coffee, where we were joined by a 2800CS. Pieter thanks for bringing her out. I'm sure you will have a blast with her this summer.

Our next cars & coffee is 7/29. We also have a drive planned for August 12, just send me a PM or email if you are interested in details on the drive.

Best regards,
Dino

2800CS.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

photo-124-3.jpg

photo-125-2.jpg

photo-127-3.jpg

Dino944

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Our 7/29 cars & coffee is cancelled due to weather. Our next event is the August 12 drive from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT (the Vanilla Bean Cafe). Remember, email or PM me if interested in details about the drive.

Best regards,
Dino

Dino944

Reaction score
Hey Duane,

Toward the end of the summer there are often several car events happening on the same days, so we certainly understand and hope to catch up with you next time. We may do a second drive to the Cape in September or October. Next weekend 8/5 I think a few of us will be at Larz for Tutto Italiano. They put on some great lawn events.

Best regards,
Dino

Dino944

Reaction score
Our next cars & coffee in Taunton is Sunday, August 26th. Hope some of you will come out to join us.

Also, due to the rain on August 12th, our "Fun Run" from RI to the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret, CT has been rescheduled to Sept 16th. For additional info on the drive please feel free to send me a PM or email. We have about a dozen cars going on the drive and it should be a lot of fun.

Best regards,
Dino