Speedometer jumping

gazzol

Reaction score
Hi guys as the title says my Speedo needle jumps around. I had a quick read on the internet and the concenus seemed to be that I needed to grease my cable. At this point I should say that the cable is not the original and I thought I'd got it from walloth nesch 3 years ago however a quick check of my order history says not, nevertheless I fitted a new one 3 years ago. So......I disconnected the cable at the gearbox and tried to pull the inner through but couldn't so I disconnected the cable from the Speedo and tried to pull it through but still no joy. At this point I thought that as I couldn't remove the inner to apply grease I'd apply some oil into the end of the cable and let it run down. I did this several times with a medium weight oil and then reassembled everything............. disaster, worse than before.
Has anyone had similar issues and apart from the obvious which is to replace it what can be done to fix it? I've had a quick look and they appear to be NLA in right hand drive.