Spring in New England

TodB

Reaction score
You left coast and south west guys with your 12 month driving seasons won't appreciate this, but....

Each Fall, usually in November, those of us Northeast coasters pack away our Coupes for the Winter. For some of us, that means storing our beloved Coupes for 5-6 months away from the snow and salt. In many cases, we store our Coupes offsite (oh, to have a multi car garage) and then we read about your car and coffee get togethers all Winter. It's torture!

Come Spring, anticipation builds. We wait for the snow to melt and a couple of days of solid rain to wash away the salt remnants from the roads. For me, its also requires a one hour journey north to NH where my coupe is stored. I have not laid eyes on it for 5 months. Its a long one hour drive.

Even at age 50 (getting the AARP card in the mail was a whole separate "challenge"), I feel like a 16 year old just getting my license and going for that first "solo" which is made all the better by it being in a Coupe. Friday (weather permitting of course) is that day for me yet again and I can't wait. Its better than Christmas as a kid. Its like getting a new car each Spring.

And for some reason, the drive home seems to take a lot less time but its also the start of yet another driving season.

Here's to sunny days and dry roads in 2009!

TodB

Reaction score
You left coast and south west guys with your 12 month driving seasons won't appreciate this, but....

Each Fall, usually in November, those of us Northeast coasters pack away our Coupes for the Winter. For some of us, that means storing our beloved Coupes for 5-6 months away from the snow and salt. In many cases, we store our Coupes offsite (oh, to have a multi car garage) and then we read about your car and coffee get togethers all Winter. It's torture!

Come Spring, anticipation builds. We wait for the snow to melt and a couple of days of solid rain to wash away the salt remnants from the roads. For me, its also requires a one hour journey north to NH where my coupe is stored. I have not laid eyes on it for 5 months. Its a long one hour drive.

Even at age 50 (getting the AARP card in the mail was a whole separate "challenge"), I feel like a 16 year old just getting my license and going for that first "solo" which is made all the better by it being in a Coupe. Friday (weather permitting of course) is that day for me yet again and I can't wait. Its better than Christmas as a kid. Its like getting a new car each Spring.

And for some reason, the drive home seems to take a lot less time but its also the start of yet another driving season.

Here's to sunny days and dry roads in 2009!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
da weather...

I appreciate your plight...as I spent 3 years in western MI...Here in western NC, most of the winter I could drive the coupe..not CA, the land of one season (sorry CA guys, I'm making an east coast point here...), but no battery trickle stuff....Anyway, two days ago it was 80F here; but today it snowed on and off all day, and its snowing currently. Not enough to salt, so about Thur, we'll head out again...Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right Todd? Happy Motoring!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
da weather...

I appreciate your plight...as I spent 3 years in western MI...Here in western NC, most of the winter I could drive the coupe..not CA, the land of one season (sorry CA guys, I'm making an east coast point here...), but no battery trickle stuff....Anyway, two days ago it was 80F here; but today it snowed on and off all day, and its snowing currently. Not enough to salt, so about Thur, we'll head out again...Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right Todd? Happy Motoring!

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Like most East Coasters, I couldn't agree more. Perversely, I think its the reason why we appreciate our coupes/classics perhaps more than the Left Coasters...

Tod, I'm lloking forward to significantly engaging the new 38/38's shortly. So far, it appears they are delivering as advertised.

Chuck

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Like most East Coasters, I couldn't agree more. Perversely, I think its the reason why we appreciate our coupes/classics perhaps more than the Left Coasters...

Tod, I'm lloking forward to significantly engaging the new 38/38's shortly. So far, it appears they are delivering as advertised.

Chuck

duane_sword

Reaction score
Tod and Chuck, my coupe is still up in NH also.... have you scheduled pickups?.... perhaps we can synchronize and may a day coupe cruise on the way down south

duane_sword

Reaction score
Tod and Chuck, my coupe is still up in NH also.... have you scheduled pickups?.... perhaps we can synchronize and may a day coupe cruise on the way down south

duane_sword

Reaction score

duane_sword

Reaction score

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, I feel bad now. My CS sits in my garage while the days are sunny and in the 70's. It just needs a few things to get it on the road again (maybe one long day of work) and it just sits. Sad.

Dan

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, I feel bad now. My CS sits in my garage while the days are sunny and in the 70's. It just needs a few things to get it on the road again (maybe one long day of work) and it just sits. Sad.

Dan

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is supposed to rain Saturday so I might wake sleeping beauty tomorrow afternoon.......
Someone said snow on the weekend!!!!
DON'T LET IT BE SO!!!!!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is supposed to rain Saturday so I might wake sleeping beauty tomorrow afternoon.......
Someone said snow on the weekend!!!!
DON'T LET IT BE SO!!!!!