Spring in New England

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys, also looking forward to taking the coupe out of "storage" at the end of this month. I have cheated though, driving it a few times this winter on nice dry, salt-free days...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys, also looking forward to taking the coupe out of "storage" at the end of this month. I have cheated though, driving it a few times this winter on nice dry, salt-free days...

iconoclast6

Reaction score
New England Folks,

Hey Duane & Tod,

Would have loved to have coordinated a day with your cars, and you guys too.

However, I've had my coupe back a while now. Mario close-carted it down on an unusually warm day in mid Feb....

Sadly, we haven't had many consecutive days of decent weather since.

Hey Len, we had one flash Sunday, cold but sunny about a month ago when I thought of making it out to Captree, L.I., with the coupe (a meeting point of mostly exotics, muscle and a few classics), but I didn't.

Turns out one of own may have been spotted stealthily cruising at Captree. Perhaps to purchase a Chevelle SS, or maybe a Cobra? Take a look at the link. I'm much better at recognizing cars than faces. Recognize this fellow Len...? Were you there as well?

http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/events/march22_2009jonesBeachNY/0322_09_jonesBeachcars+146.JPG.php

Oh well, if this fellow is one of our own. Let us not judge harshly. We're all guilty of private fantasies (LOL) I've already confessed my desire for a '55 Corvette.

At the very least, since we know Captree is accessible, we can plan to make a significant coupe presence known there.

Chuck

iconoclast6

Reaction score
New England Folks,

Hey Duane & Tod,

Would have loved to have coordinated a day with your cars, and you guys too.

However, I've had my coupe back a while now. Mario close-carted it down on an unusually warm day in mid Feb....

Sadly, we haven't had many consecutive days of decent weather since.

Hey Len, we had one flash Sunday, cold but sunny about a month ago when I thought of making it out to Captree, L.I., with the coupe (a meeting point of mostly exotics, muscle and a few classics), but I didn't.

Turns out one of own may have been spotted stealthily cruising at Captree. Perhaps to purchase a Chevelle SS, or maybe a Cobra? Take a look at the link. I'm much better at recognizing cars than faces. Recognize this fellow Len...? Were you there as well?

http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/events/march22_2009jonesBeachNY/0322_09_jonesBeachcars+146.JPG.php

Oh well, if this fellow is one of our own. Let us not judge harshly. We're all guilty of private fantasies (LOL) I've already confessed my desire for a '55 Corvette.

At the very least, since we know Captree is accessible, we can plan to make a significant coupe presence known there.

Chuck

iconoclast6

Reaction score
....actually I meant a '58 thru '60 Corvette. I've seen an
in progress restoration, but am reserving a decision until I test drive one and have some resurgence in my 401k.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
....actually I meant a '58 thru '60 Corvette. I've seen an
in progress restoration, but am reserving a decision until I test drive one and have some resurgence in my 401k.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was not there and did not take that photo! Seduced to the dark side of raw power, or will the alluring siren song of graceful European beauty keep him true?

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was not there and did not take that photo! Seduced to the dark side of raw power, or will the alluring siren song of graceful European beauty keep him true?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those of you who did get out, Friday and Saturday weather was very nice up here. Hope you had fun.
I'm another hour north of Mario, deep in the wilderness. We're still in the middle of our fifth season: the dreaded mud season (which comes just before the sixth - blackfly season). So once the mud bog solidifies back into a dirt road, I'll be able to get down there and get the ol' gal back home.
Happy driving.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those of you who did get out, Friday and Saturday weather was very nice up here. Hope you had fun.
I'm another hour north of Mario, deep in the wilderness. We're still in the middle of our fifth season: the dreaded mud season (which comes just before the sixth - blackfly season). So once the mud bog solidifies back into a dirt road, I'll be able to get down there and get the ol' gal back home.
Happy driving.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
You know it....if it wasn't was so damn cold you would have seen that I was also wearing my driving gloves!!!

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
You know it....if it wasn't was so damn cold you would have seen that I was also wearing my driving gloves!!!