Square weave carpet install

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Blue vinyl or blue leather will be used on the door panels and armrests. You can also cover the door pockets and the top of the armrest around the chrome tops.
If you go with the velour on the seat bolsters and the houndstooth centers, you will have 3 different materials and colors to go with the 4th color--the black dash and center stack. That to me is too many different materials and colors. And there are the 5th and 6th colors in the carpets and binding!!
Chose blue vinyl or leather. The houndstooth seat centers get all of the attention while the other blues have the supporting role.

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.

I have also queried a few friends on the flock velour versus leather surrounds, while everyone likes the cloth, they vote on using leather as the surround. Drew Gregg makes a very valid point that using the flock velour (it is quite blue) will make it look too busy. The whole idea here was to highlight the hounds tooth.

So I guess it's going to be the blue leather, ouch with the material cost.

Thus I have 4 meters of the flock material that I have to send back to W&N unless anyone is interested here in the states. Will sell for what I paid for it plus shipping. PM me if interested. I think the material was around $100/meter (55" wide). I would consider selling part of the bulk and maybe save some for a future project.

For clarification dave v. in nc advised "Looking good with the blue velour, .if you go that route, make sure that the upholsterer knows......" Well I am the upholsterer!

Again thanks to all for the comments. We will keep all updated.

Jeff
jjs2800cs

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
Yes the leather is the way to go,

Here is a original seat from the car, blue leather

100_7614.JPG

Here with hounds tooth

100_7613.JPG

100_7612.JPG

Seats in the car now (were from a donner car and we did there 25 years ago with average vinyl and some tweed) will go back in until can redo the leather seats original.
100_7616.JPG