Stahl header collector

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Hey guys
I’m going to have my headers coated ... not powder coated.
My question is how or what did you do at the collectors ends to get them into a single pipe? 2 into 1
Flanges or slip over...

You can’t have them welded together for removal and install reasons.

Pics would be awesome

Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
depends on the exhaust you are using. the stahl header was made to work with the stock exhaust design. if you use stock, fritzbits or w+n (larini), then it should be a direct fit. if you use coupeking or custom ... its a different story. i would think that if you use CK or custom, it would be best to use a standard 2 pipe connection and do the conversion to the exhaust. that way you are free to use a header or stock manifolds / downpipes ... or replace the header if necessary.

that being said, the ends of stahl headers vary depending on the model they are made for - e12, e28, e24 are different than the e9

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I should have posted this pic. I’m not sure what model they were for. The collector ends are 1 & 5/8” outside diameter

89807ABB-25F5-4CB4-8CBB-81E0CE4670E4.jpeg

I am going to do a custom exhaust. Are most piping 2” from the collector back?

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry, this might help. here is the drawing of a custom exhaust from @Sven. he joined the downpipes together and had a connector to the rest of the exhaust.

Attachments

• ExhaustOptions - sven.jpg
    ExhaustOptions - sven.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 172

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
With Stahls you want to collect in the mid muffler. The factory muffler has two inlet pipes and one outlet. If you go that route, you need the floating three hole flange (see below). You are going to want to add the flange before coating. That means you want the rest of your exhaust all setup and test fitted first. Otherwise you will crack the coating when you cut and flare the pipe.

F3C22B8D-0503-485B-BD68-AFA98541709C.jpeg

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I used a Columbia River Mandrel bending 2-into-1 slip-on parallel merge collector - 1-5/8" in, 1-3/4" out. To that I welded a Summit racing 2-1/2 x 2 collector reducer ( inverted ) and use the 2-1/2" flange to separate the rear half of the exhaust system. I had a leak at the slip flange but a little exhaust sealant took care of that.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve ordered tube from this place in the past. They have 321 stainless when most is 304.

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
My exhaust has the slip type merge two to one as above with the tabs on it with bolts on each side, picked up the entire 3" tig welded tail pipe, and Stahl headers as set for $400, think the guy went back to OEM with the stainless Coupe King tail pipes...

Last edited: