Stance/Works - Alex Steff's Schwarz E9

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Stunning, although not sure about that Marshall speaker thing on the dash.

Me, I likes a front bumper and bumpers w/the rubbers.

My only nits; otherwise, amazing car. Would like to see under the bonnet. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It would be nice if at least some of the stanceworks photos were actually representative of the color and contrast of the actual object that they are shooting. With all of the post processing that they do the site is one giant instagram filter.

Stanceworks - Cardinal red leather:
E4D8CDB3-BEFE-4810-801A-8D5E60129288.jpeg

Normal - Cherry red leather
83662906-ABA4-4A6A-9DD6-7891F6D6A118.jpeg

Stanceworks Malaga:
A25AD545-60D1-44E0-9B60-7B8FC0ED6808.jpeg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
“ The E9 hunkers down over the large wheels with style, leaving just enough gap for comfortable driving and commuting.”

Really?

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
“ The E9 hunkers down over the large wheels with style, leaving just enough gap for comfortable driving and commuting.”

Really?

I've got coil overs and while stiff, they are comfortable enough for daily driving, but....this is with 16" Alpinas. I do have to wonder how much more rough the ride is with 18s and low profile tires. The article didn't say if this coupe is "bagged" or not. Anyone who has air bags and big tire combo care to share their driving impressions?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got coil overs and while stiff, they are comfortable enough for daily driving, but....this is with 16" Alpinas. I do have to wonder how much more rough the ride is with 18s and low profile tires. The article didn't say if this coupe is "bagged" or not. Anyone who has air bags and big tire combo care to share their driving impressions?

It’s “static”, aka no coil overs or bags. It’s not a budget issue, it’s a way of life! :rolleyes:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rather than posting my flippant comments and then rescinding, I am just going to skip posting comments on this one from the get go. ;)
I do like the photography...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rather than posting my flippant comments and then rescinding, I am just going to skip posting comments on this one from the get go. ;)
I do like the photography...

I like everything about the photography and the car. Both are highly stylized and aesthetically pleasing with some loss in functionality. :)

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s “static”, aka no coil overs or bags. It’s not a budget issue, it’s a way of life! :rolleyes:

Static? Does that mean the springs were just cut so it rides that low? I love the look, but man, that's got to be rough on the kidneys.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Static? Does that mean the springs were just cut so it rides that low? I love the look, but man, that's got to be rough on the kidneys.

No think Carl Nelson springs but lower. It’s possible the springs were cut but you can always run springs from another vehicle or purpose built progressive lowering springs. Static just means not-adjustable.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No think Carl Nelson springs but lower. It’s possible the springs were cut but you can always run springs from another vehicle or purpose built progressive lowering springs. Static just means not-adjustable.
If that suspension is not ride-height adjustable, it is only a matter of time (possibly minutes) before that air dam gets ripped off.
MCP_0395.jpg

Maybe more at risk are the frame rails and/or exhaust...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nothing will ever trump the E9 bodied E39 M5, now that IS a genuine work of engineering art.

I think that a lot of people appreciate the engineering and difficulty, but not the end product. FYI - There is another being built by a random fab shop in Norcal, unbeknownst to the e9 community at large.

JamesE30

Reaction score
Static just means not height adjustable without removing the wheels.. aka: not airbags.
Alex’s car is on H&R height adjustable coilovers and I can assure you they are anything but cheap cut springs..

That car is too low for my personal taste but the suspension is awesome, and exactly what I want for my coupe..

0335821E-2255-4DAF-88E6-59AE635D76F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Static just means not height adjustable without removing the wheels.. aka: not airbags.
Alex’s car is on H&R height adjustable coilovers and I can assure you they are anything but cheap cut springs..

That car is too low for my personal taste but the suspension is awesome, and exactly what I want for my coupe..

View attachment 55111

Sorry I read that his car was static here. Also, Stanceworks has a habit of mentioning the suspension when it's adjustable and omitting it when it is static. I know that Christian Heine's very-similar-looking car has H&R adjustable coilovers which makes sense given that his family founded H&R. I think that bags make the most sense for a car this low. Coilovers are cool but whether your are low or high you probably aren't going to adjust them once dialed in. You can achieve the same result with a "static" suspension, it's just harder to get it right the first time. :)

JamesE30

Reaction score
Sorry I read that his car was static here. Also, Stanceworks has a habit of mentioning the suspension when it's adjustable and omitting it when it is static. I know that Christian Heine's very-similar-looking car has H&R adjustable coilovers which makes sense given that his family founded H&R.

That e9 by Christian Hein is gorgeous , still a bit low for my personal taste, but very clean.
The car in this thread with the red interior from Alex Steff, otherwise I known as “Qualitateif” on Instagram/YouTube etc is actually also on H&R coilovers. They were built by AH Exclisive here in Germany. I’ve been in contact with them recently about a set for myself.

This is the exact set from his car:

40559A34-CD6F-4E29-ACC3-2A926DAA44ED.png
74466A57-1D3E-400E-9B49-1333CF37A5C9.png

Just for the record coilovers ARE static. Static just means there is no adjustability while driving the car... you see a speed bump, you deal with it.

While standard non adjustable lowering springs may be a good choice for most cars where there are an abundance of pictures and examples from proven brands to choose from, there is almost no choice for the e9 (especially if you live in Germany and require tüv certification to legally install them). I haven’t found any “lowering springs” for e9 in Germany with documented heights and spring rates.. coilovers with endless adjustability would be ideal.

This is a bit of a dilemma I’m in because unfortunately there seems to be only two options for e9 coilovers here in Germany, KW or H&R and both are horribly expensive :(

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That e9 by Christian Hein is gorgeous , still a bit low for my personal taste, but very clean.
The car in this thread with the red interior from Alex Steff, otherwise I known as “Qualitateif” on Instagram/YouTube etc is actually also on H&R coilovers. They were built by AH Exclisive here in Germany. I’ve been in contact with them recently about a set for myself.

This is the exact set from his car:

View attachment 55118 View attachment 55117

Just for the record coilovers ARE static. Static just means there is no adjustability while driving the car... you see a speed bump, you deal with it.

While standard non adjustable lowering springs may be a good choice for most cars where there are an abundance of pictures and examples from proven brands to choose from, there is almost no choice for the e9 (especially if you live in Germany and require tüv certification to legally install them). I haven’t found any “lowering springs” for e9 in Germany with documented heights and spring rates.. coilovers with endless adjustability would be ideal.

This is a bit of a dilemma I’m in because unfortunately there seems to be only two options for e9 coilovers here in Germany, KW or H&R and both are horribly expensive :(

Great update! I didn’t know that coilovers were considered “static”.