Stance: Your Vote

Stance Poll:

• Total voters
Carl Nelson springs, Bilstein HD, rolled fender lips.
IMG_6856.JPG

Stan that picture is beautiful, the small fog lights are a nice touch.
I was waiting for Stan to weigh in on stance...

The Previous owner bought almost all of the suspension modifications from Carl and Ireland 16 years ago per all of the receipts in the file. He had 205/60X14 tires on the stock FPS wheels. I changed to the 16X7 BBS wheels with the 205/55 Michelins. The front fender lips needed to be rolled. Corners at speed seem to have neutral handling with this set-up.

IMG_3436.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg

yes Robert, there is a lot going for you with that picture - a. the car is white (many of you wouldn't know that he has several white BMW), b. the wheel centers are darker (but not black), c. its low
@BarryG did you go ground control? as i remember, you went with coilovers ... right?

Hi guys
I just posted to give you the other ... point of view.
Ground control setup is what I used mostly because they are right up the road from me. But they make a great product
You can find it on there site.

Thanks Barry for the link.
Let me finish the project before I take on another project (if that makes sense), but would like to duplicate your car's stance.
The information is greatly appreciated. GC coil overs are what we use for SpecE30 racecars.

OCCoupe, If my "Nelsons" were as pictured in your photograph, I'd be a fan. As evidenced by photograph #2, they didn't work for me.

Thanks all for the data and pictures!

RP

PS the pictures are really good, and fun to look at. Time to do a 2022 Coupe Calendar Contest?

Last edited:
Barry = 16's or 17's? 215/45-16 tires are 23.6" diam. which is more than 1" smaller diameter than stock. 215/45-17 is 24.6 / 24.7" ... which is much closer to stock. they look more like 17's in the pic

Back