Stanceworks E3 2800 Article - The Austrian Way – WCP’s Turbocharged M50-Swapped 1970 BMW E3 2800

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saw the recent article in Stanceworks on this E3 2800. I know it is not going to be everyone's cup of tea on here. But, some nice work has been done, and I think everybody agrees most cars look cool bagged on the ground. Here is a link to the article. Cool wheels idea and with the turbo and motor swap, this thing must scream.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2019/01/the-crawat-files-a-turbocharged-bmw-e3-2800-sedan/

MCP_2587.jpg MCP_2572.jpg MCP_2561.jpg stanceworks-bavaria-m50-turbo-title.jpg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I need to ride in a car that is bagged like this one day. I just realized that I never have. Just to experience the ride itself. I heard they bounce like hell, others say the latest and greatest bagged suspension(s) works great. The only people I know of that have had air ride (on cars and trucks) have had nothing but leaky shocks, bottoming out, and nothing but problems. Even the supposedly top end stuff. I won't be doing that to my E3, don't worry, but as far as "looks" go, I don't mind it. Definitely not everyone's POV.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stanceworks photography continues to drive me nuts. Extra dark images with added vignette effect.

67475693-5621-43BF-BD21-BB19E382A4A0.jpeg

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stanceworks photography continues to drive me nuts. Extra dark images with added vignette effect.

View attachment 58456

Exactly. Do you do photography, as well? It's annoying seeing poor choices in lighting/composition/editing in soooo many pictures... The tech is so easy to use that everyone fancies themselves an expert these days.. LOL. My wife and her instagram photos.."what filter do you think I should use?" Me...grrrr..

Mike Goble

Reaction score
As a guy who is more interested in the "how it works" rather than the "how it looks" I find these articles to be very uninteresting. Three pictures of an insulated turbo and some ignition coils doesn't say a lot about the engine. No undercarriage pics, brake pics, etc...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly. Do you do photography, as well? It's annoying seeing poor choices in lighting/composition/editing in soooo many pictures... The tech is so easy to use that everyone fancies themselves an expert these days.. LOL. My wife and her instagram photos.."what filter do you think I should use?" Me...grrrr..

I’m the only one in my family who is not a photographer, but I agree with your thoughts. I wouldn’t mind the look if they actually mixed things up once and a while. They completely distort paint colors, which is my biggest gripe.

As a guy who is more interested in the "how it works" rather than the "how it looks" I find these articles to be very uninteresting. Three pictures of an insulated turbo and some ignition coils doesn't say a lot about the engine. No undercarriage pics, brake pics, etc...

Ditto. I don’t know anything about M50’s and was hoping to learn a few things...