Standard Coupe Colors - Registry assistance needed

jhjacobs

Reaction score
In working to refine the registry the topic of coupe colors has come up. We are trying to create an appropriate "pull down" list. We have a complete list of BMW colors which we will include but we would like to put the common coupe colors at the top of the list. The list of colors I think were original coupe colors is below. If I have missed any or included one that is wrong, please chime in or send me a note. Thanks!

Agave
Alpinweiss
Atlantisblau
Baikal
Ceylongold
Chamonix
Colorado
Fjordblau
Florida
Golf
Granada
Inka
Malaga
Manila
Mintgrün
Nevada
Pastellblau
Polaris
Polaris Neu (this is what my coupe says but it is not in the official list!)
Riviera
Sahara
Schwarz
Sienabraun
Taiga
Türkis
Verona

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Appears that Tundra (green metallic # 068 ) is missing as we indicated to Dan already?

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5452

IIRC, the neu grey/silver is actually a 'real' color...

Picture8-1.png

...among the several shades of Silver from those labeled #057 w/various metalic level
thru Bristol with practially no metallic undertones...ie #058
(although I believe it pre-dated the later Polaris as a 2800CS color)

Picture9.png

Difficulty with the older registry color chart is the fact that it's larger than a standard page
making referencing errors common, yet it's detail can be compared to your list?

Cheers!

Ran

Last edited:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Thanks. We went through various links and sources and I think we now have a fairly definitive list on the registry as a pull down menu. If anyone finds a missing color just send a note to [email protected] and we can get it added promptly.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Isn't "rust" considered a color? ;-)

... I tend to think of it as more of a proper undercoating than a color. Is there a standard BMW color code? A standard German color name? Perhaps: Rost Rot? Neu Rost? Metallisch Rost? :cool:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
colors

My parts car is Chamonix RostHunde...Poor man's lightweight. Thanks for the work on the badges, and board John, its hugely appreciated. Dave V. in NC

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
When you are in the "Register your Coupe" page selecting color or in the "Update Registry" page you will see a pull down for color. This is not part of the search engine (yet).

Thanks Mr. Jacobs...

Jade green is one of my favorite colors and you are correct it's only one year and not very many examples exist...please post a pic of it if you can...

Cheers~!

Ran