States your coupe has lived in.....

m73

Reaction score
First off, I would like to give a hats-off to all living in these wonderful states..... my coupe has been registered in the following:

1) Maine (Port of Entry)
2) Oklahoma (Importer owner was in Army and spent a brief amount of time there)
3) Georgia (Previous owner spent a lot of time and money here)
4) Washington (Current residence)

Thought this was an interesting & eclectic list.....where has yours lived?

- Mo

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1. 1st owner purchased it at Hoffman Manhattan and kept in Greenwich, CT
2. 2nd owner (heiress to DeKuyper distillery) kept it on her farm in VT
3. Back to Long Island NY for 3rd owner
4. New Orleans, LA for current owner :cool:

Reactions: m73

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe started its life in SoCal - sold by Bob Autrey. i don't know if there was an owner between the original + the person i bought it from - who lived in Arizona. it now lives in Atlanta, GA. i will have to do further research into this

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Blanca is a true souther girl. Born in Germany and her entire life has been in Mississippi. I purchased her from the original owner who bought her in 1972 when he went to law school at Ole Miss. She was born a 2800 in 1971.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena was imported from Italy by Noel DeGeatano of Tuckahoe New York in 1990/1991
Heywood May of Southwest Harbor Maine bought her in 2002.
Matt Thomas of Falmouth Maine bought her in 2008.
Andrew Wilson of Brunswick Maine bought her in 2011.

480-img2.jpg
Finished.JPG
IMG_1803 copy.jpg

Last edited:

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
My baby was delivered to Verona Italy. Unclear when it came to the US but the next record available shows it registered in Pennsylvania where it was restored before moving to Virginia for 3 or 4 years. I purchased it and moved it to Iowa. We moved to St Louis MO after 3 years, staying 6 years before moving here to Florida, where we’ve been for 5 years.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am fortunate to have a comprehensive history of my coupe.
  • It was leased as a new car in January of 1973 from a dealer in South Hampton NY
    • the owner/lessee was a company in Bethpage NY, for the president
  • The same owner bought the vehicle at lease termination 3/1/1976 and the car remained in NY, owned by the same family until 2019
  • the second owner purchased the car and it moved to Indiana briefly
  • It now lives in Pennsylvania!

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My coupe was delivered new to Southern California, where I believe it stayed until 1993.
It then lived in Tucson Arizona for 10 years, I bought it in 2003 and had it shipped up here, it's been an Oregon car ever since.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car came from Utah, from a privateer shop racing CSL's, I acquired it in mid 80's and took it to Miami then sold to Russ in 93 in Stuart, FL then back to me in 2020 in San Francisco. Car was delivered to Horst Meier, Munich Germany on Dec 1st. The general thought is this is/was a BMW dealer and somehow associated with the BMW racer but thats all conjecture I believe.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My car came from Utah, from a privateer shop racing CSL's, I acquired it in mid 80's and took it to Miami then sold to Russ in 93 in Stuart, FL then back to me in 2020 in San Francisco. Car was delivered to Horst Meier, Munich Germany on Dec 1st. The general thought is this is/was a BMW dealer and somehow associated with the BMW racer but thats all conjecture I believe.
He was a dealer and I’ve seen cars with a script badge on the tail panel with his name.