stereo

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you know, it seems to me that there are 3 approaches to the discussion.

1. stay period original ... an alternative is exactly what a few people with very original coupes have done ... update and connect the period radio to peripherals that run ipods, satellite radio or mobile apps

2. use period looking equipment - with on-board ipod, bluetooth, streaming from phones, etc.

3. total new equipment - with all the bells + whistles

RogerB

Reaction score
One More

you know, it seems to me that there are 3 approaches to the discussion.

1. stay period original ... an alternative is exactly what a few people with very original coupes have done ... update and connect the period radio to peripherals that run ipods, satellite radio or mobile apps

2. use period looking equipment - with on-board ipod, bluetooth, streaming from phones, etc.

3. total new equipment - with all the bells + whistles

4. Forget the radio and enjoy the sound of the exhaust!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
4. Forget the radio and enjoy the sound of the exhaust!
yes, but that is done by turning the power switch to OFF. if you don't do anything you will have a hole in your dash ... unless you have a coupe without AC.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time and energy upgrading my sound system with trying to keep the stock look but admittedly I listen to the engine 90% of the time :smile:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can also have a loose ground on the stereo and listen to the engine whine amplified thru the stereo. i don't recommend doing this however.