Style 5 Wheels, Tire Size

Cabrio330

Reaction score
I am considering putting oem Style 5 wheels (17x8, 5x120,20 offset) on my coupe. Will these fit, and what tire size should I get?

I know these are not everybody's taste, but the first coupe I fell in love with years ago had Style 5s with a brightly polished lip, and I promised myself someday I would have the same set up.

Thanks!

Cabrio330

Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful! In fact, I downloaded your photo with the chocolate lab sometime ago, and forgot about it until looking through your photobucket just now. I saved it not only because it shows my favorite car/wheel combination, but I also have a chocolate lab. Chipper is down to his last 3 legs (cancer led to amputation of his left front - or should I say driver side front). We jokingly call him Tipper now, make fun of how he can only swim in circles in our pool, etc. but he is the sweetest dog in the world!

Thanks for the Style 5 inspiration. Even if they might still rub some, then I will just have to make broader turns!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please give Chipper a pet for me. Hershey's at my feet under the desk (sleeping w/ her tennis ball between her front paws) as I write this.

That makes at least three of us into Coupes and Chocolate labs.

Best dogs ever!

G-Man

Reaction score
E34 15" style 5 wheels look great and are much more common and don't require hub centric rings (E39 only). If the style 5 are off a E38, it should be no problem. There are some great looking E39 wheels out there but I've heard some horror stories in regards to running hub centric rings and owners have still have issues with wheel balancing and vibration problems. I have the 15" style 5's on my 81 Euro spec E12 528i and they look great but then again, style 5's will make any car look better. I'm running 205/60-15 on my E12. I recently bought an extra set of E34 15" style 5's for $100 off craigslist complete with center caps. I don't need them but I could not pass up that deal. I'm such a wheel whore...but it's cheaper than crack.

http://www.2002haus.com/gman528iAeuromodel.htm

G-Man

Last edited: