Sunroof drain tube question

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am putting new felt seals on my sunroof. So I wanted to take advantage and clear the front drain tubes. I am an encountering a fair bit of resistance sticking a copper wire down there. And I’m wondering if it’s if it is because it is clogged or because that tube does not follow a direct path down below and I am hitting a turn. Would anyone have a picture of that tube as it leaves a sunroof with the Headliner removed by any chance?

Thank you very much.

IMG_1352.jpeg

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Try some compressed air if you have that ability. If you want to be bold, food color some water and pour some down each.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can also try to work the wire from the other end.....wheel well I mean.
Good point!
Actually, if it is truly blocked, this would be a much better idea than doing it from the top since whatever you dislodge from there will just stay there due to gravity. Even a powerful vac will not get all of it out

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd try to shove the nose of a compressed air gun in that rubber hose, at the bottom. Press the nose in hard, and pull the trigger slowly to build up pressure. 10 bar may just create an opening, and once it starts to flow, it may just all spill out at the other end.
If you can't access from the bottom, then perhaps just go at it from the sunroof side. Get some sort of rubber ring fitting the opening on the wheel well or sunroof , and fit the air gun nozzle in there.