Sunvisors not fitting - what would you do?

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi folks, my restored E9 is perfect in nearly every way except the redone sun visors. You can see that they don't fit perfectly, or even close, in their headliner cut out area. Worse, they don't stay up on their own and constantly fall down as there is not enough friction to keep them upright. I recently replaced the inner slots thinking a new female receiver clip would do the trick, but not the case.

Ideally, I'd redo each sun visor to have a smaller outer surface for a flush fit.

But the easier fix, since I'm not after concours perfection, would be to make them stay up against the headliner, but not necessarily in their slots.

That would mean doing something to the outboard sunvisor pivot part to add more friction inside where it meets the upholstery.

Anyone do this yet or have a similar problem?

Attachments

• IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 140

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so much for common sense

De Quincy, thanks for the reply. I'm so used to complex repairs with this car and have been put off by wiring diagrams and other procedures that appear beyond my grasp. It's refreshing to see something simple like this but it's a good reminder for me to think things through more...especially when I just repaired the visor mounts and didn't screw the visor itself back on very tight for fear of stripping something.

Oh well, thanks again.