Survey to gage the value and popularity of Red vs. Blue interior in a Polaris Coupe

Do you think a Polaris CS with Red leather interior is more or less valuable than with Blue leather?

• Total voters

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm building a very clean 3.0CS (rust free), originally in Polaris and Blue interior, that will probably be for sale some time next year. I am about to have the leather seats reupholstered and am currently considering whether to change the interior color from Blue to Red (just bought some new red arm rests). In my mind the Red might not appeal to as wide of a selection of prospective buyers as the much more common blue, but for that the rarity of the red color combination might make it more valuable? I've done a very nice Polaris car with those colors once before and I'm curious to hear your input on what you think would be the better or more appealing combination.

Thanks, Tom
000_0691.JPG
000_0692.JPG

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Silver with blue in German cars of the 60's and 70's was so common - and I thought it boring. Thus the CanCan red got my vote. That combination 'sparkles' in my eyes.

What color carpet would you use with the red? (I'm a bit of a fan of black carpet and mats - that's what I've put in my 'almost' Granot rot exterior, MB Bamboo color interior leather.

Gary

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really like the blue. The red is much better. More importantly, it is your car. Make it to your liking.

I went searching far and wide for leather colors when I decided to change the color of my interior. I ended up with a pre-WWII Mercedes Benz color called Cognac.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, so far. I think we all agree that the red was much more rare than the blue interior. I like the color combination too. I probably wasn't quite clear that I am keeping my 3.0CSi with Polaris/ Blue that I've owned for almost 30 years. I am considering the Red interior for a project car that I am currently restoring with the intent to sell it. I'm trying to figure out what direction to go before I move on from the current 3.5 fuel injection conversion to the interior restoration. If I can attract a more high-end group of prospective buyers with the Red interior, I might go that way, even though I'd have to spend more time and money to install a red interior, probably with the Red German loop carpeting to match. The question really should have been. Would you pay more for a Polaris and red interior car?

Here's the link to the red carpet color: http://www.worlduph.com/samples/importloop.htm#*

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have silver/blue and I like blue but would kill for red. However, I think the red gets more of a love/hate reaction, so I am not sure it will be more "valuable" - you'll need to find the right buyer. Like Chris said, do what you like, not what the next guy will like :cool: My $.02.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have silver/blue and I like blue but would kill for red. However, I think the red gets more of a love/hate reaction, so I am not sure it will be more "valuable" - you'll need to find the right buyer. Like Chris said, do what you like, not what the next guy will like :cool: My $.02.
My euro came Polaris over blue velour. Although blue is my favorite color this blue was too blue, too bright? If it had been factory grey velour I would still be sitting on it. Now have black leather, love the look . My vote was for red. Much richer, it pops. Screams money. Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with silver / red is a love it or run from it scenario. i think it can be harder to sell. personally, i like silver / black ... especially csl fabric

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Planning red for my Polaris, but not arrest me red...a little darker to me is better...with salt and pepper grey/black carpet. Think Cary Grant, North by Northwest, when he "borrows Laura's Murcedes..." its a grey and red cabriolet...probably why I love the combo...

Dohn

Reaction score
Between your two choices I voted red, but I also think silver over tan is a beautiful combination.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have two English sports cars with red interiors. Love them.

Can't get there with the E9. This is not a sport car but a GT. A sophisticated cruiser. Subtle and swift.

The red is notionally good but the extent of it in the E9 is in my view a too much. Porsche did a good job of incorporating black into the overall red palate. Door cards etc. My favorite was an 89 911 which combined black, dark blue and red. The result was stunning.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love red interiors more than any other color, so there's my vote.

If I did the interior on my fjord coupe again, I would go with a dark red interior. Also, if the e46 M3 we just sold had the Imola red interior, it would never have left the garage.

Jahan

Reaction score
Red is nice
I am doing Baikal exterior I need to choose between Black, Blue & Cognac.
Any suggestions?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm one of the 3 who voted for blue as more VALUABLE!
I have a off white Pagode with red interior which is spectacular, to say the least. Probably the best color combination I could wish for, BUT, it's not necessarily a vote winner.
Blue is far more sober and would possibly attract a larger crowd and attract more buyers. From a sale prospective I'd go blue. If you are doing it for your self, go Red!

jefftepper

Reaction score
To the original question, often "rare" is presumed to be more "valuable". I am not sure that one color is more valuable than the other. A couple of things should be considered; will the red (less common) interior help the car sell more quickly because it is perceived as distinctive more so than the blue (more common) interior? As part of that question, what venue will the car be marketed? If you are trying to appeal to the "correct and original" crowd, keeping it stock will be an easier sale. If you are trying to appeal to the "restomod" crowd, red might be the ticket. Personally, I prefer the red or tan interior over the blue or black on a Polaris car. Either way, good luck with your sale.