Survivor '71 2800 CS in San Francisco

bubukitty

Reaction score
I saw an ad on Cars.com for a BMW 2800 with a high price and called out of curiosity. See link below. The car is at BMW of San Francisco, and it turns out it is a 2800 CS. I went to see the car and recollected that I had seen it on display there many years ago in the showroom. The car is now housed in their service facility and warehouse where they have other "collector" BMW's stored. The car is owned by the owner of the dealership. The price is $29,500 and the car has 79,000 miles on it. It has an automatic transmission. Car is green (perhaps Tundra) but not sure, with a tan interior. It is in excellent shape. Paint and body are excellent. Interior is also very good. The car is completely stock from what I could tell. No rust that I was able to detect. The owner's son is selling the car for his father who is now retired. I did not drive the car but took a pretty good look. I am not interested personally as I am seeking a 3.0CS with sunroof and A/C in a different color, but thought that those on this board may find it interesting enough. I have no affiliation with the seller or car...just making it known it is out there. Ad says the VIN is 2280442. Took some photos with my IPhone that are posted here. Sorry the quality is not all that great.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20005&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 201
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 195
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 193

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
They also list a '73 for $20k on cars.com, was it not there for you to check out (since you're looking for a 3.0)?

bubukitty

Reaction score
I saw the car many weeks ago and there was no mention of a '73 coupe for sale. Just saw the ad you mention on Cars.com. Did not see a blue coupe in their warehouse. Have you called on this car and is it a coupe? For the price mentioned it may be a coupe vs. a 3.0 sedan.

bubukitty

Reaction score
Chris...thanks for pointing out the serial number. I will look into it further with them and try to check it out. I don't get into S.F. too much but it may be worth a trip!