taiga CSL and ceylon CS

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I took some pics tonight and thought I'd share.

Ceylon all original except Carl Nelson springs/bilsteins. No radio. Original AC works fine.

Taiga needed rust repair and paint. I swapped in Scheel front seats. The originals are refinished and stored for now. The taiga runs great and has alpina struts and corresponding shocks. Original stereo was rebuilt by the turnswitch guys and it already had the speakers in the rear deck and kick panels so I just replaced them with modern nice speakers and a separate amp with iphone adapter. It had a hat rack on the package shelf when I bought it, so I left it. Map light works great. I bought the NOS BMW taiga coco mats from coupeking.

Ill try to post more pics again.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pics

Top view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 387

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
very nice cars,
i have to say i am not a fan of those colours for the coupe individually, but puting them together is a blast of colour and they look very spectacular
thanks for sharing

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
more

The radio is actually in the taiga...Ceylon doesn't have one.
the mirror is the original on the Ceylon with the yellowed surround. But not broken yet.

Attachments

• ceytaiga1.jpg
    ceytaiga1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 345
  • ceylonradio.jpg
    ceylonradio.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 359
  • taigascheel2.jpg
    taigascheel2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 361
  • taigamaplight.jpg
    taigamaplight.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 335
  • ceylonmirror.jpg
    ceylonmirror.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
splash of color

It looks good amid the sea of blah cars in the parking garage.

Attachments

• taigagarage.jpg
    taigagarage.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 328

m73

Reaction score
Slight Differences

Nice, I notice the kidney grilles are different, mine is like the ceylon car.....but I also like the black.

But the black grille does not have the same shape as the aluminum...and I have always wondered what it would look like to convert an aluminum grille to black slats. Would look pretty sharp IMHO.

Looks like fun...

MF

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice, I notice the kidney grilles are different, mine is like the ceylon car.....but I also like the black.

But the black grille does not have the same shape as the aluminum...and I have always wondered what it would look like to convert an aluminum grille to black slats. Would look pretty sharp IMHO.

Looks like fun...

MF

I think they are the same shape. Anyone know differently?

Attachments

• ceylontaigagrilles.jpg
    ceylontaigagrilles.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 339

m73

Reaction score
Grille Comparison

Someone should confirm, but I always noticed that the frame looks slightly wider and flatter on the black grille--the one to the right.

The aluminum grille (to the left) appears to be ever so slimmer around the frame...a bit more elegant IMHO.

I am sure an expert can tell us what is really going on.

Nice coupes, always good to see pictures and equally good when an owner is enjoying his/her coupe....especially in the wild!

MF

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 5 slat grilles are the same, the csl's came with annodized black slats and are difficult (and expensive) to find. The 4 slat grilles have a slightly different shape I believe. I disassembled my grill and painted the slats black because I like the look. Lovely cars Chuck.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I just swapped the original seats back into my CSL, and I sold the identical black Scheels to rsporsche. I hope I don't regret it! Those Scheels are very comfortable and supportive. And good for tall people. But I am only 5'9" and about 160, so the stock CSL seats seem ok to me on the short rides I have taken so far. Did you find the stock CSL seats uncomfortable?

Great to see the CSL in the parking garage. Don't see that every day!

Scott

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 5 slat grilles are the same, the csl's came with annodized black slats and are difficult (and expensive) to find. The 4 slat grilles have a slightly different shape I believe. I disassembled my grill and painted the slats black because I like the look. Lovely cars Chuck.

Steve is correct. The four slat grille came on 74 coupes in the US and have a slightly larger surround. They were the only ones available for years from BMW.

Great to see the trapezoid mirror on Ceylon, the plastic trim is still available, I always thought traps were standard through at least 73. I think 74 coupes here got the flag or optional electric mirror.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I just swapped the original seats back into my CSL, and I sold the identical black Scheels to rsporsche. I hope I don't regret it! Those Scheels are very comfortable and supportive. And good for tall people. But I am only 5'9" and about 160, so the stock CSL seats seem ok to me on the short rides I have taken so far. Did you find the stock CSL seats uncomfortable?

Great to see the CSL in the parking garage. Don't see that every day!

Scott

No, I love the original seats. They are great, but some people have trouble sliding over them and I'm just trying to keep them perfect for shows etc, (like I'll ever have time for that). I also love the look and feel of the scheel 400s. Something different I guess.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve is correct. The four slat grille came on 74 coupes in the US and have a slightly larger surround. They were the only ones available for years from BMW.

Great to see the trapezoid mirror on Ceylon, the plastic trim is still available, I always thought traps were standard through at least 73. I think 74 coupes here got the flag or optional electric mirror.

yeah, I have newer trapezoid mirrors on the taiga csl but the original trap mirrors def had a different surround than the plastic now used. My 2002tii also has an original mirror and the stuff looks the same but is starting to crack a little. Just interesting to see the original material.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny...I had a chance to purchase the Tiaga car from owner in Germany in 2001 for $17K, but Jimmy Baker beat me to it.

Glad to see it's in good hands.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Funny...I had a chance to purchase the Tiaga car from owner in Germany in 2001 for $17K, but Jimmy Baker beat me to it.

Glad to see it's in good hands.

Boy. Wish that's what I paid! Then I wouldn't be so underwater after resto costs.
Oh well.

Last edited: