taillight lenses and chrome pieces

CTD

Reaction score
For sale:

2 chrome bezels (left and right) is bad condition
2 red middle sections (good condition)
2 blinkers (orange) right side had minor crack
1 french (orange) reverse light (excellent condition)
1 clear reverse light (excellent condition)

Bezels are 120USD each shipped
lenses are 50USD each shipped
lens with crack is 25USD shipped

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
question - how have you removed the lenses from the frames? did you remove the folded over acrylic? if so, by hot knife or dremel tool?

the question becomes valid when you consider how to put it back in ... and what is visible from the outside.

CTD

Reaction score
question - how have you removed the lenses from the frames? did you remove the folded over acrylic? if so, by hot knife or dremel tool?

the question becomes valid when you consider how to put it back in ... and what is visible from the outside.

Not yet removed. When I did mine i just dremeled them out. I noticed you could see the edge where i dremeled it off from the outside. Si i glued them back using clear epoxy. Now you don't see a thing from the outside.
What do you mean with hot knife...? Won't the acriylic yellow/burn when you do that?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the dremeled edge will refract light in strange ways and become apparent when lights are on. you can get an inexpensive hot knife from harbor freight, but it probably won't last to get all of the lenses out and the knife costs about 20 to 25 bucks. for 72 bucks, you can buy a good butane knife

http://www.amazon.com/Portasol-010589330-Super-125-Watt-Heat/dp/B003H6NN2Q/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_1

you heat the edge of the lip (away from the lens), then stand it up. this will take a little time to get it all done, but this will leave pieces to crimp or fold back the lip once its inserted into the new frame

Last edited: