take a look to my country

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's insane! I have never seen that before. I read about the flysch after watching the video. Aside from the unusual geography, it looks like you have some great back road driving at your fingertips.

I miss living up in Northern Cal along Hwy 1 when I see landscape and open coastal roads like that. Nice elevations changes too so close to the water.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
That was beautiful. Never pondered what your coastline looks like. Must visit on a motorcycle one day.

Nice soundtrack through my Grados!

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Amazing...gotta love Geology, and this planet that we live on. Our home. Hard to imagine that our presence here is but a blink of the time that Earth has been revolving around the sun. Thanks for sharing.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Well even more important than the landscape for me would be the roads leading there. Living in Belgium something we can only dream about. The entire country with the exception of the South is one big build up area where you drive from speed bump to speed bump on bad roads.:cry:

I hope from time to time you take the time driving your Cs in those surroundings dQ.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spain is a beautiful and diverse country. I still remember being surprised to see an E9 winding through the narrow streets of the Ronda on a visit to Andalucía in the 90's.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome.

DQ, sorry we did not connect when I was there a few years ago. It is a beautiful part of the world.

Rugged montains. You can see how they developed their own language there because they were cut off from the world by those mountains!

If anyone plans to go, absolutely go to the Guggenheim Bilbao. It is a work of genius. And try the fresh anchovies!

DQ, we will be back again. I bet our kids will study in Spain in their university years.

Scott

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
DQ, sorry we did not connect when I was there a few years ago. It is a beautiful part of the world.

Rugged montains. You can see how they developed their own language there because they were cut off from the world by those mountains!

If anyone plans to go, absolutely go to the Guggenheim Bilbao. It is a work of genius. And try the fresh anchovies!

DQ, we will be back again. I bet our kids will study in Spain in their university years.

Scott

That is perfect scott, i am sending my kids to the US to study a high school course, already sent and picked the elder back soon will b time for the intermediate one

We can swap them for 10 months :)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is perfect scott, i am sending my kids to the US to study a high school course, already sent and picked the elder back soon will b time for the intermediate one

We can swap them for 10 months :)

Seems we always want to move west.

I grew up in Belgium and moved to California right after college.

My oldest kid then moved to Australia right after high school.

But I have fond memories of Spain. Especially San Sebastian and Malaga. Thx for sharing that, Jesus.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
interested in languages ? basque

basque language is what we speak here, a pretty old pre-indoeuropean language full of "...we don't know's", as the guy properly explains in the video

it is always difficult to explain to others, but i found this little video that seems very well explained to me

enjoy

http://youtu.be/S1l9oDiSiEQ