Temporary fuel delivery

chicane

Reaction score
I need to get my car started again but right now I do not have a fuel tank connected. I remember a guy posted a video not to long ago where he started a car that had been sitting a while and I believe he had a jug of some sort, gravity fed to the engine. I have EFI. would I be able to use this method to get the car running?

Malc

Reaction score
Chicane
You need a pump to deliver the pressure required
Needs:
1.. Cheap after market electric fuel pump capable of approx 900ml/min at 2 bar (~28 psi) or use your current pump
2.. Jerry can for petrol
3.. some lengths of petrol hose, clamps etc
4.. 12 volt car battery or power source to run the pump

suggest..
1.. Connect up the pump output hose to the D-jet fuel ring
2.. Connect a return hose from the fuel ring and put it back into jerry can
3.. Power up pump, prime if required
4.. see if fuel returns
5.. Try and start engine.

Remember NO SMOKING OR NAKED FLAMES!

You might want to put a cheap in line filter in the pump output side to reduce the chances of blocking the injectors.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Yep, all you should have to do is temporarily extend the existing fuel lines to the tank, if a tank is all you are missing.

Oh, if the car has been sitting for a while, watch out for the fuel line that goes between the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel rail. It is a fairly tiny hose, but if it is cracked, you'll shoot pressurized gas all over the hot engine block and intake manifold. As you might imagine, that isn't a terribly good thing, so it would probably be a good idea to check that.

Malc- I thought the required fuel pressure was 3 bar, based on the stock, and later, pumps? I don't think the D-Jet used a lower fuel pressure. Although, if you are just going for idle, it should pull it off ok.