Tesla update

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just test drove the performance package Model S. we started with some stop and go, then up the highway for a few miles, ending with a ride through some twisty roads.
The S is astonishingly fast ! When I floored it I was quite literally pushed back in my seat. Almost frighteningly fast acceleration!!
In the twisties, the low center of gravity showed its benefit. Steering in sport mode is very responsive. With regenerative braking on, let off the accelerator and it brakes like downshifting.
I was very impressed!

Last edited:

duane_sword

Reaction score
Stan I just visited a company in Newburyport MA, ~2pm today June 27, on my way up route 95 north we were passed by a black Telsa S that was ripping along in the outside lane... wasn't you by chance was it? The Tesla was black with blacked-out factory wheels, looked very stealthy and frankly fooled me for a Maserati Quattroporte at first glance. If you get a Telsa, can I help to take it to Lime Rock for a track day? :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tesla of Portland OR

That wasn't me. Boy can that car corner!
They are putting up supercharging stations along I 95

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The smart money bought the one you did. Impressive.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
12k, no problems

We have hit 12k miles in 8 months, and no problems at all. Range is the same as when new. How many people buy a new S class or 7 series and have no defects in the first 12k miles? Usually some little electronic glitches in these. Tesla has the quality right. There are some issues with some sharp edges on the windo trim, but other than that, she is a sweetheart.

Scott