The Great Sanden M30 Compressor Bracket Mystery

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Arde, very funny!

Twistinglane, go back to the very first page of this post and look at the pictures (the third of the three exploded parts diagrams, and the photos) of the bracket for the wing-cell compressor. It has several pieces. If you read this thread on the E28 board:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126830&sid=87b90e8d5ab12f0861c54307c8d6d03a&start=150

it looks like you need the big part of the bracket -- #1, part # 64521284953, and assorted bolts and washers to hold it to the block, but not the lower part of the bracket. If you search eBay for "BMW E28 compressor bracket," you'll see auctions for only the large upper piece, only the smaller lower piece, and both.

I am going to do this installation on the M30 engine in my '79 Euro 635CSi. When I do, I'll document it thoroughly.

-Rob

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm working on an ultimate solution to this problem. Here's some of my first batch of brackets. These are made for a motronic M30 and run the belt in the outer groove of the A/C compressor. I think and hope that you'll be able to run these on an original E9 engine by putting the belt in the inner groove of the compressor. I'll need to try it out before I advertise them for that purpose, but if it's no good, I'll plan on making another bracket with a different offset. Somewhat unfortunately for E9 owners, you do need to acquire the wing cell compressor bracket to attach my bracket to. At the moment, it would cost way more than a used wing cell bracket to make a much more complicated bracket that doesn't require it. Most of my customer base (e28/E24/E34) is already going to have the wing cell bracket, and as of now everyone else can buy one very cheaply.

So this first run of brackets needs some testing and to be zinc plated, and then I'll put them up for sale in the classifieds. You can also follow my facebook page for timely updates. https://www.facebook.com/LCWylieAutomotive/

Attachments

• LCW 001.jpg
    LCW 001.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 314
  • LCW 006.jpg
    LCW 006.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2488[1].JPG
    IMG_2488[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2487[1].JPG
    IMG_2487[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 315

mdf

Reaction score
I have a new inbox/never used Air Products KT1840A A/C conversion kit (as mentioned above)that am willing to part with. If anyone is interested PM me.

-Michael