The Vintage Asheville/Hot Springs NC 2021 Who's going? May 20-22. Postponed to Sept 16-18

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
The whole thing with the venue in Hot Springs being 30 minutes away from the “host hotel”/Asheville has me vapor locked as to my lodging decision...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The parking lot at the Clarion is always fun. Since I'm only 80 mins from the Clarion, I'll often tailgate some parts in the Volvo wagon Friday night and drive up with a car Sat morning. Not sure if it will be the coupe or the 02. Gametime decision usually, or what has less problems. Hope it happens this year. We've both had two vaccines, and ready to go back to the Hot Springs "field of dreams". Always a little surreal to me and I've been going since '06, I think. When you haven't seen a coupe or 02 in your rear-view mirrors in many years, its pretty exhilarating to see one or two or five...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Staying in Asheville allows you to take in the restaurant/cultural scene. And hang at the Clarion Friday (and Sat) night if desired, the parking lot scene is fun. Hot Springs is closer to an hour away.

The whole thing with the venue in Hot Springs being 30 minutes away from the “host hotel”/Asheville has me vapor locked as to my lodging decision...

Last edited:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I believe we'll need to schedule an E9'er dinner somewhere?
A great place I have gone to every year since Vintage moved to Asheville. We usually have a contingent from Atlanta that meets here. But we can certainly make it an E9 dinner as well.
It's not crazy crowded like some Asheville restaurants but about a 5-7 mile drive from the Clarion. Eat there Friday night then go to the Clarion for the parking lot party.
Gary

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Friday evening is registration, I tend to stay in walking distance to the Clarion. Count me in for dinner on Saturday.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Gary. this is James White. We've met
Hey James, yes we've met but didn't recognize you or your car. Actually not sure I have ever seen it?

That's why I asked for people to put names on posts especially when we are trying to organize a group event.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty cool logo!

1614031877490.png

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2,312 miles = 34hrs...........Hmmmmmmmmmm From this view it practically looks like a straight shot!!! At 8 hours a day, that's 4.25 days one way. But I will get to see Nashville and finally see my Great Grandfather's old property in Hendersonville, NC. Now "Cummings Cove" (named after him).....Hmmmmmmmm. What do you think turnout will be and %percentage% of it actually happening? That's a long way for a MAYBE it'll happen!!!.....

https://www.cummingscove.com/property/about-us/

Anyone familiar with Cummings Cove? Always wanted to check it out.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 2.13.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
2,312 miles = 34hrs...........Hmmmmmmmmmm From this view it practically looks like a straight shot!!! At 8 hours a day, that's 4.25 days one way. But I will get to see Nashville and finally see my Great Grandfather's old property in Hendersonville, NC. Now "Cummings Cove" (named after him).....Hmmmmmmmm. What do you think turnout will be and %percentage% of it actually happening? That's a long way for a MAYBE it'll happen!!!.....

https://www.cummingscove.com/property/about-us/

Anyone familiar with Cummings Cove? Always wanted to check it out.

View attachment 112249
I just read the article on your link. Very cool!!!