They have made a new 3.0CSL

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like a lot of it. Except for the 70’s style graphics which are completely out of place on a modern shape. Especially that hideous “50” which looks like it was applied with duck tape. It would be really interesting to see this car without any graphic so we can properly evaluate its design.

Last edited:

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I admit they did a decent job when you consider what they had to start with.
But a more subtle interpretation of the graphics package would have been nicer - IMO.

Then again - that nose is so over the top already; guess they figured why not. LOL

m73

Reaction score
To me the price is really high....why not buy an original + keep some change....? Also and this is personal opinion this grille is more odd than the long one.

The old short grille was proven and the new long grille seems to work much better than this 'squished' version. Something about the proportions...or maybe making the car look too wide but the grille seems off.

I once read an expert explain in technical terms why the Alfa 8c was not a good design...although many would not agree it was interesting to read and it revealed a real passion for good design.

This one could be improved IMHO and that sort of design is difficult to praise....

My .02 cents

-M

Barry.b

Reaction score
if i was going to spend 750k, i probably wouldn't have bought that car. i would have done my best to buy a true 3.0 CSL and a real M1.
If I had 750k to play with then definitely buying an original e9 Csl would be the better way to go and I would build myself a nice garage for it.
With nice benches a car lift proper insulation and lighting.
Thinking about it maybe I should just finish my own csi and enjoy using my new garage :)

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Imagine trying to source a replacement bonnet for one of these in 20 years time ...

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Forget the price -- there are plenty of collectors who will buy whatever limited edition abomination the factories will put out, regardless of cost, especially if it steals from the company's heritage. Witness the Ferrari 550 Barchetta. But am I the only one tired of manufacturers being unimaginative and constantly stealing design cues from the past instead of creating new designs?

As special as the AC Cobra was, would you shell out hundreds of thousands for an original when there are tens of thousands of almost indistinguishable clones out there? How about a Ford GT? A BEV Ford SUV stealing Mustang mojo. Even "It's a Hemi" has lost its meaning. On the positive side, I suppose this new 3.0 CSL has such an ugly nose that it would never be mistaken for the original and may raise some awareness about the the older version but still... try coming up with some new ideas.

The fender strakes, the fender vent indentation, gold BBS-like wheels, the Hofmeister kink artificially created with trim to mask the true c-pillar shape. Bolt-on doodads. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but I don't see it as honorific. It's just lazy.