Thinking of selling Raven project

Many of you may know the details of my "slow burn" project, a 1973 3.0CS: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/the-raven-e9-project.26879/

It’s been quite a journey, but I think it is time to wave the white flag. As the years go by, I am realizing that the realities of time and space have more weight than I had wanted to admit. I feel the work I have done on this car meets a high standard. But that level of work, for me anyway, takes more time than I seem to have. My process is slow, methodical, and often times iterative. Based on my current trajectory, I will not have this car back into, well, a car before I am well into my 70s. I have gone back and forth on this big decision for a couple of months now, but it is time to move on.

I regret nothing I’ve done and learned along the way. I find the metal fabrication of this hobby quite rewarding. And I’ve met so many great people on this forum. All smiles.

Now, the big question is what to do with Raven and all the extra parts I have. A few scenarios include:
  • 1. Find someone as eager as I am/was and sell EVERYTHING – the car, the parts, the spares, the extras – all things E9. Bring a trailer and I’ll help you load up the car, the parts, the bins – everything.
  • 2. Sell the car and “one car’s worth of parts”, then sell the spares a la cart.
  • 3. Sell the body/chassis (sheet metal) as I have it sitting, then sell all parts a la cart.
  • 4. Some other version that I haven’t thought of yet.
My hope is that this car/parts help others on the forum in some way or another. It will not go to waste, and I am okay with the grind of selling/shipping parts over time if that is how this unfolds.

Would love to learn what ya’ll think. And do let me know if you know someone that wants a cool project.

when you even consider going in a direction, is the moment to do it

your work has been immense, totemic, mad attention to detail to stratospheric levels,…

time to move away ?
look ahead to the bright side

i wish I could…

Back