This is not your father's CS Coupe!

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupe purists, don't bother going any further.

Before:
salesplcBMW001.jpg

After:
CSside.jpg

CSrear.jpg

CSfront.jpg

4.jpg

steve in reno

Reaction score
Maxfish
No purist here.
Always liked the black on black.
You just added some refinements to your own liking.
It is your car after all. Looks good!
reno

jmackro

Reaction score
Hey Max - is that the old San Juan Capistrano car? You completed it fairly quickly!

I'm with Steve in Reno - it isn't all that radical. After reading the title to this thread, I was expecting something with a Chevy V8 and 19" wheels!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I expected to see a pimpmobile in all its chrome glory. I could easily live with yours.

Steve

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Whew, glad to hear you guys approve! Jay, yes, this was the car I had shipped from California. I'm loving it! Thanks,Max

pamp

Reaction score
I like it

Only trouble being...classic plates. Thanks for that. Reason being as I myself have done modifications that I live in fear my classic status will be denied. I say "that as long as the mods are "Period correct"" all is good. You did many bits that I was shy about. So...I now feel a little more free. I will use your car as an example as to what is "classic" ICBC will submit!
Allen in Comox

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks great! Are the wheels 17x8 Style 5s with powdercoated centers?

Pictures of the interior and engine please!

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words, I'm glad you all approve!

The wheels are E39 Style fives, I stripped them, painted the centers grey, painted the bolts black, and polished the rims. They're 17x8 with 225/45/17s.

Interior is stock black velour with some nicely bolstered Corbeaus up front, new carpet, and a hidden stereo system. I still have to work on the dash and wood.

Under the hood is plain-Jane, but I'll be getting to that soon enough! Max

acat2002

Reaction score
I'm somewhat of a purist also, but there is definately a place for tastefully-modified vintage cars like this.

Like it! just hope you've got enough ponies under the hood and suspension mods to back up that aggressive look.

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Black Beauty

Great looking car! Keep the pictures coming. It's one of the benefits of our chosen obsession that we can choose to restore our cars as a historical representation or create something new, personal and unique. It's all good.
Regards,
ElRey

jmackro

Reaction score
Could stand to be lowered a bit more though.

The lower profile tires do seem smaller in overall diameter than the stock "fatties". So yea, in the side view photos the wheelwells don't seem to be filled, especially at the front.

But, if you lower the car it is going to be hard to drive on roads in the real world without clobbering the exhaust system, oil pan, .... So as always, it becomes a trade-off between asthetics and practicality. Personally, I go for practicality to make sure I never hesitate to drive 'em.

hplug

Reaction score
black

Wow I really like it, most of your additions are period correct and the go great on the color combo. I just bought a 72 Black/black car and the same weekend bought myself some style 5s with your help I now know what it looks like together. Please provide some more pics when you can,
H

pj

Reaction score
I am with ryan, drop it an inch , yeah you will have to be carefull parking etc, but the look will be much better and the handling will improve , Then stick my m102 in there and you will be set

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in Richmond, VA, and I'll prbably bring it (and my racecar) to the Browns Island show in the summer.

Lowing springs are on the list!

cbh03

Reaction score
I am in Alexandria, but my parents live in Richmond. My Dad and I try and make it to the Classics on the James every year. I look forward to seeing your e9 there. What type of race car do you bring?

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am in Alexandria, but my parents live in Richmond. My Dad and I try and make it to the Classics on the James every year. I look forward to seeing your e9 there. What type of race car do you bring?

The German one in the lead!
2154.jpg