Tool kit is most of the value of this car

G-Man

Reaction score
It's still for sale

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2363344034.html It hasn't sold but apparently a lot of people want the tool kit instead of the Bavaria.

The pic isn't clear but it looks like the E3 doesn't have diving board bumpers on it which makes it a 73 or earlier. For the price of a tool kit, you get the Bav, you'll feel the love from your neighbors when you bring it home.

G-Man

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2363344034.html It hasn't sold but apparently a lot of people want the tool kit instead of the Bavaria.

The pic isn't clear but it looks like the E3 doesn't have diving board bumpers on it which makes it a 73 or earlier. For the price of a tool kit, you get the Bav, you'll feel the love from your neighbors when you bring it home.

G-Man

you'll feel the love from your neighbors when you bring it home. !!! great !!!:-D:-D:-D:-D

61porsche

Reaction score
Love

It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If BMW really loved us they would have made e3 and e9 tool kit clamshells interchangeable. Alas, they don't and they didn't. Lots of other stuff beyond mechanicals could have been interchangeable: it isn't.

I have a brand new, in the bag, e3 clamshell and a few tools. No one wants the e3 shell.

Orangener

Reaction score
I´m a rich man...........:mrgreen:

DSC00502.jpg

Beaunes

Reaction score
I Want Your Toool Kit

If BMW really loved us they would have made e3 and e9 tool kit clamshells interchangeable. Alas, they don't and they didn't. Lots of other stuff beyond mechanicals could have been interchangeable: it isn't.

I have a brand new, in the bag, e3 clamshell and a few tools. No one wants the e3 shell.

I would love to buy the tool kit if still available. My direct e mail is [email protected]

Jim

pamp

Reaction score
Andi,
If you love me...
Also, I have heard that the e3 is now more rare than the e9, the e3 car was and has been disrespected over the years. So many to the crusher. Not many examples left. A pure Bav3.0si would be cool. Not to say that I speculate. I have my one e9...that's enough. Although an 02 turbo in the ranch...M1...damn...

Last edited:

Tierfreund

Reaction score
in germany currently the survival rate is about one E3 per 2-3 E9.

So yes, the E3 is probably more rare. And guess what, as much as I admire the E9, I wouldn´t trade my E3 for one... :mrgreen:

Seriously!