Tool Kit Trivia and Spare Tire Tool Layout

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
SO, after being blown away that a car like this even exists:

http://classicshowcase.com/gallery/BMW69-713/ Go to trunk pic......amazing car, still would love to see this in person some day, anyone know who ended up with it?

I finally figured out proper configuration of spare tire jack and lug wrench. And it all makes sense after seeing where foam was glued down. See link and my pics.

My tool kit captions look like they may not work. I am asking what tool goes in upper left arrow. Then, does anyone have a window crank, for far left missing tool. I have manual windows but just want to complete kit. Then far right arrow I was asking about the blue BMW clothes. Still available from BMW or is there a cheaper source? Bert? Thanks!

Other pic is a great place to store chalk in E3 when not on display.

And that is original paint in trunk WTW..pretty amazing, can see foam glue still there.

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_5636.jpg
    IMG_5636.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 352
  • tool kit.jpg
    tool kit.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not sure that jack position is correct, the foam padding that is now not being used I believe is for the base of the jack.

The missing spots are the valve adjust tool on the left and a replacement headlight on the top next to the other bulb.

AQPuCaznvQSTJjwQlwo1LlNTn6pXLBSdxvbyJfUGlNLNCdDh78Vy6ACugWiM-ku9dOqWLqgkRybKzRSSzcjesR98gFGjhEqaVFPZ4H4sWFr-rUxZ5fk_n-zAJzyU5FlodFFNqV5WY2WBTnImW6lmCUUgr_LeRkElfnVn-f-FwiecAqFolDnI5zRxrg21SM0ePoMtc5h18of0g3wRdYMQS6Ll5o5oY1mlXsnboACPvfVbxWVUn481sUh9r_nz5pijth7tQu_wQwO1euPAbSMj3tKcHc6AC0Uvd-qilXn1nwPX0mcOigkz2jsrgN3o0htapdoG9viePbVQHhdcioIitnUpQAoFkcEloWdA05lwDLLIDnyhcKdt-Wbi-eDQfiOLVj-xw3Irhyoxp82ghk_bSQEwobjka1thrtaoKhJBlFlkoNVvIWsRvDCyw5ZuVR6neubpU6SSK2zL5Q01_U2A3_VEumGc89RtOYd2PKUqjCiRvYwAzgeOzcDx7y1h6dPRlXXil6HONPOgmnwANpIUJSbTlSNaFo2GUPWD2tFEvrfjdDUpcEXkR8xtbcpZPOCpMIlwTtgi7KzrzRLdp2psowRdN6YKzEg=w879-h659-no

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve did you look at the link with the 2800? Go to the trunk pic. I believe it is correct. It fits like a glove and the padding is right where the jack and lug wrench are. There is even the slot in the lug wrench metal hold down for the jack crank. I have the feeler gauge far left, maybe hard to tell in pic but I don't have the little Z shaped tool (valve adjust.....are they hard to come by?). I miraculously had the feeler gauge but it was a bit rusty.

It was the headlight/lamp that really had me confused, I couldn't tell what that was in any of the pictures, thank you! And nice picture BTW. I have to reduce mine in order to upload and sometimes they reduce down too much. I like the little sneaky chalk spot on the Bav. For everyday use it is out of the way and the "teeth" on it don't dig into my carpet or elephant skin. Does anyone velcro the accessory tool box (can't think of proper name right now) to the side of the trunk panel. I hate when it slides around, I'm thinking of doing that. Didn't want to drill any holes and bolt down as much as I'd like to. Those side panels are flimsy enough as it is, I wouldn't want them to pull out in corners from the weight of the box with tools in it, chalk etc. Guess I could velcro bottom down too. I keep a fair amount of stuff in it where it is heavy but still slides around on "spirited" drives. Not so much with the carpet in, but for sure with the elephant skin. Thanks for the help. Anyone know where my extra longer red handle screwdriver is from, the more opaque one on the far right? Mercedes maybe?

Steve sorry, just noticed something else, what is in between your 19 wrench and the handle? It's white.

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah must be different anchor points than coupe. The white piece is the stuck window tool:

odTdZwtRLSMGO6XLtoAHoRB1s6Yr6rS03qRjYJ2zjnfC1kuhRIVLkjz1t8JtC2f4Ujgb1azkZZbRh5QJ6waJEhcZu7XXyvXeIIBTi_KY6CCerDCUq9xwaCXaiYrxg4BxL5Ew82h5xBEyDZDs58CmcdMuHaG6NNwbc86uM743_pcuxSSfyxCzptwF9Phivgl01n3HENGRW6Rq3-lpwxMD9LVnpIjpRr2AuBXupDBs3PkezNfPLiapYvuFWCYCm61-K46GG9juLDP6mkuYYzODRwhP7CBHLobu5hNRi9hHaCRXF1xshG7a03CWAx5N72fml_DFSeRQb5RJv2SRjsS9iXin3A4ggx4Rcqpasq-POiq5wjW4MJIbL2Xv_dbVe-bD6GZhQdIIXPr10veOheFsvsS9koQoBIA-JXRWdrASS_qG7uUKX3qcRELWCaAG8EXVopViNVr_HZUeSU-3VoO2eDBbnStuaLhrpAuDRrQhnrhxhUEU7duMetnEbjKEX-SEtQCeKXFY8Z_moSXvuKNcFjEnT27Jxf89205xpAgPmvy-YMFVm_IlwyclZNZ1CDXFBytXaxv54ATzSPyJ-x69XJexN8j0xkI=w879-h659-no

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh ok, that is what it looks like. Not needed for crank windows correct? I guess I'll put a WTB out for the valve adjust tool and somebody said blue BMW cloth still available dealer new? Sound right?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e3 mounts different from e9, the 2800 uses different mounts as well

Attachments

• IMG_4309.JPG
    IMG_4309.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4310.JPG
    IMG_4310.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4311.JPG
    IMG_4311.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 285

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool, thanks Chris and Steve. It looks like I have it correct. I need to find some grey 1/8th inch foam, cut to size and spray glue back on. Should not be an issue.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I know the answer but is that valve adjust tool supposed to have BMW or Heyco or anything stamped in it? W. Germany or anything? I have never really inspected one up close. I'm guessing no, but......?????? I'd like it to be the real deal like the rest of the tools, why stop there?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score