Total BMW Magazine, Bluemax is in!

Malc

Reaction score
Yeap Murray's car is featured in the August 2007, issue 83

Mrs malc bought the mag because because of the car being in there!

and Murray....
She would like to know

Is the paint finish metalic or a solid colour? It's hard to tell from the pictures
What/s the interior colour, again it's hard to tell, Is it black or blue?

Malc

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Answers to Mrs Mac--hope she will share with you

Colour: single stage non-metallic Atlantik blau #045 no clear coat--often admired at outings where they are displayed. Many comment that the color defines the shape of the car without being "hard" and provides an especially nice backdrop for all the chrome and brightwork. Was re-painted 15 soon to be 16 years ago by a young (then) painter from the UK. Steve (forgotten his last name) completed a panel beater apprenticeship at a large Rolls facility on the outskirts of London--according to his story--and following--his interests turned to painting. Came to SoCal on a green card and was looking after a nice private collection nearby--found him and he did the paint work on the side using Glasurit single stage urethane when it was still available locally--I only wish he was still around as many have asked--"where did you get that paint job?"

Interior is Black leather--all still original in other than the front seat bottoms, backs and headrests

Was just out for a romp with BLUMAX and had tangled earlier with an M-5 driven as it turned out by a young friend of many years--his comment was--do they let old-timers like you drive that fast? Thoughtful--eh?

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Answers to Mrs Mac--hope she will share with you

Colour: single stage non-metallic Atlantik blau #045 no clear coat--often admired at outings where they are displayed. Many comment that the color defines the shape of the car without being "hard" and provides an especially nice backdrop for all the chrome and brightwork. Was re-painted 15 soon to be 16 years ago by a young (then) painter from the UK. Steve (forgotten his last name) completed a panel beater apprenticeship at a large Rolls facility on the outskirts of London--according to his story--and following--his interests turned to painting. Came to SoCal on a green card and was looking after a nice private collection nearby--found him and he did the paint work on the side using Glasurit single stage urethane when it was still available locally--I only wish he was still around as many have asked--"where did you get that paint job?"

Interior is Black leather--all still original in other than the front seat bottoms, backs and headrests

Was just out for a romp with BLUMAX and had tangled earlier with an M-5 driven as it turned out by a young friend of many years--his comment was--do they let old-timers like you drive that fast? Thoughtful--eh?

Malc

Reaction score
Thanks Murray,
I suspect that Mrs Malc has come to a decision regarding the exterior colour of the Dear old bucket.
The interior colour, currently Marine blue, panels in good condition, tired "velour" seats, and none existent carpet will be the next issue....

Appreciate your time taken to answer.
Cheers
Malc
PS Don't take umbridge at the old timer tag, my dad at 92 still drives like a hooligan, safely I hasten to add :D

damienh

Reaction score
seats

I have a dark blue car I'm considering parting out. It has a grey / light blue leather interior in excellent condition. I may still put it in my main car, but if you're interested Malc let me know.

Cheers,

Damien

damienh

Reaction score
Hey that's not exactly a fair swap now is it ??

Sounds good, keep in touch, I've been too busy to get things sorted out with the cars. But I'll let you know before I do anything.

[email protected]