Tow weight for a CS

K D

Reaction score
I realise this will be abhorrent to most of you but I have noted that some Coupes have Tow Bars. My question is what would be the maximum weight a Coupe could tow without causing too much stress (trailer & load combined)?

K D

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I realise this will be abhorrent to most of you but I have noted that some Coupes have Tow Bars. My question is what would be the maximum weight a Coupe could tow without causing too much stress (trailer & load combined)?

K D

28 oz.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I towed about 1800 pounds with my Corrado. Not much of a rear structure on that car. To me towing is about being incredibly delicate when driving.

tmason

Reaction score
Load trailer till car doors won't open than remove items till they will open,than you'll have your payload!
Note:Be sure to load your items 1st and than the wife so when you have to remove some, it's all her stuff.Sorry Honey just won't work:)

Orangener

Reaction score
...no comment...
alle3.jpg

x006.jpg

Honolulu

Reaction score
Good man Orangener! But I notice you cut off the roof to lighten the load. That's exactly what I would have done too;)

I take a bunch of surfboards occasionally but have carried maybe 200 pound of lumber on my roof racks also on various occasions.