Trans rebuilder wanted

nealf

Reaction score
Hi I have a 5 speed Getrag 265 that I had removed and replaced with another last year due to nobody in my area that could rebuild the bad one. Is there anyone around that still does this? I am outside of Philadelphia, PA and was surprised to learn that there is nobody local. There was one guy, but he hurt his back and supposedly does not any longer.
I hate to see the one I have go to waste. I would rather have it rebuilt and get it into the hands of someone looking to do a 5 speed conversion.
Thanks!

Don has a shop that can open them, there is the issue of the NLA bearing that makes opening them less interesting.

My issue is Jammed or broken shifter forks. Would that require the bearing you all refer to?
Probably not, bad bearing symptom is grinding regular noise when transmission is in idle that goes away pressing the clutch.

Don covered it pretty thoroughly: 265/5 "dogleg" vs 265/6 OD
Different bearing, first gettable, second scroungeable at great cost.
Input bearing size on the 262 four speed on link is the layshaft bearing size on 265

Don covered it pretty thoroughly: 265/5 "dogleg" vs 265/6 OD
Different bearing, first gettable, second scroungeable at great cost.
Input bearing size on the 262 four speed on link is the layshaft bearing size on 265
But which is the one on Walloth is it the dogleg or the OD?

1727367636466.png
position 1

The link you provided is to the 4 speed box
23/24 is the 5 speed OD box; position 1 is the input bearing, noticeable in its absence from the listings
23/29 is the 5 speed dogleg box; position 12 is the input bearing, which they show

Back