Transporter in US

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BMWCCA is recommending this company.
Came in the online newsletter.

Reliable Carriers Offering Auto Transportation Services For O’Fest And Legends
If you are interested in shipping your car to Oktoberfest in Beaver Creek, Colorado this June, or to Legends Of The Autobahn this August in Monterey, Reliable Carriers can help. To find out the details and pricing please contact John Golembiowski at [email protected] or via phone at (313) 550-5569.

We are proud to announce that Reliable Carriers has signed on to be the newest hole sponsor of the BMW CCA Foundation Golf Tournament at O’Fest.

Reliable Carriers is the country’s largest enclosed auto transport company, serving the 48 contiguous United States and the farthest reaches of Canada. Reliable Carriers, Inc. provides fully enclosed, door-to-door auto transport, in their air-ride equipped transporters with $5 million worth of insurance on every single load.

Dirk

Reaction score
Reliable, Plycar, Horseless, InterCity, Passport have all been good to me in the past. Drivers have been courteous and more importantly have taken great care of my cars. Slow pick-up / delivery may happen if you're located in a relatively remote area. Also major shows and auctions may influence scheduling.

I have made arrangements with Reliable in transporting 8 or 10 cars (vintage cars and Z8's) from the east cost to Colorado for the BMWVCCCA Club Holiday / O'Fest driving tour. John G. has been great to work with, prices were very competitive.

Try to stay away from brokers as you never know who will transport your car.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Quite a big spread in quotes Ive received for coast to coast (US):

Reliable: $1100
InterCity: $1900

The feedback on Reliable is concerning.

InterCity has great feedback and is endorsed by Jay Leno and F40.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
I would tip. 50-100$. Any ding you get less in the car will be worth more than that.

Even better: give 50 up front and mention there´s another 50 at the destination if the car get´s there unharmed.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Plycar/Intercity/Horseless

I am transporting my coupe from Boston to LA.

These are quotes I received for enclosed transport:

InterCity $1995
Plycar $2200
Horseless $2350

Anyone not recommend Intercity over Plycar?

Thanks

Last edited:

Dirk

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good auto transporter ? I looked on http://transportreviews.com but all the best rated companies on that site have terrible reviews on Yelp.

Would you leave positive feedback if everything goes well ?
Would you leave negative feedback is something goes wrong ?

Companies that move 100,000 + cars per year are bound to get some negative feedback. Goodings and RM move $30 million dollars worth of cars per auction.
I don't think that they would recommend companies with issues.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Intercity

I looked on that transport reviews site, but it looked fishy to me. Some shippers just had entirely too many reviews to be believable.

One of the things I learned is that some shippers will take your money but then put the contract to move your car out on a bulletin board where the cheapest independent driver will do the actual move. That's a deal breaker for me.

So, I ended up using Intercity.

Pro:
Their own drivers.
Great communication from their dispatch and drivers every step of the way.
Even though I chose an enclosed trailer, they wrapped my car in cloth then in plastic. They do this so no fluids from other cars drip on your paint.
Very accommodating on pick-up and delivery. Even when the car was 12hrs late for pick-up, they waited for it.
Delivered on time, right down to the hour.
Recommended by Jay Leno

Con:
A little more expensive. $2000
They dont have GPS on their trucks.

My team was Bill & Virginia Duran. She's somehow associated with BMWCCA. Id use them again without a second thought.