Triumph

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Any triumph enthusiast Here? A Neighbohr is selling this, I don’t ride but this Modded bike looks like rolling art. I can’t put a price on it.

661D85D5-3D89-46B2-AC35-D407708628B0.jpeg

Rod Cole

Reaction score
It does look pretty, but also too long, either way my back hurts just looking at it. I owned a HD hard tail in '70 or '71 with no spring in the seat, it hurt! I do own a '64 T100SC a '74 T150 and a '76 T140 in various states of build, with the T140 being a vintage racer, really need to thin the hurd at my age~

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My dad had a TR3
I don't have fond memories of it, I was a little kid and had to ride in the back 'seat'

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My first car was a Spitfire, it would randomly top running on the way to class or work. It also ate alternators. I learned the benefit of carrying tools. The car met it's demise when I took a hard left too fast and hit the steel bumper of a delivery truck, ripping the hood clean off like a can opener.

Last edited:

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
back in the 70's I knew 3 people that had Spitfires
The one kid, in high school, bought a Spitfire before he got his divers license, so he would be ready
Rolled it on the way back from the test, end of car, he was OK

skk

Site Donor
Reaction score
The lighting is difficult, but it looks like a hand shifter extension on the right side, you know, the hand that controls
the throttle twist. How's that supposed to work?
The hubs look like 1971 brake horns, highly polished, cable operated, no-show when cold or hot.
Based on my young, dumb, and foolish near-death 2 seasons with a stock 1971 bsa 650 lightning, same frame, wheels, controls, etc, I would not throw my leg over that thing.

ymmv.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
The lighting is difficult, but it looks like a hand shifter extension on the right side, you know, the hand that controls
the throttle twist. How's that supposed to work?
The hubs look like 1971 brake horns, highly polished, cable operated, no-show when cold or hot.
Based on my young, dumb, and foolish near-death 2 seasons with a stock 1971 bsa 650 lightning, same frame, wheels, controls, etc, I would not throw my leg over that thing.

ymmv.
I think the hand shifter is mostly for show (well the whole thing is) it still has the foot shifter
You can get a throttle that does not self return
Does look like Triumph / BSA front conical hub, but with bigger air scoop

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still have the '73! Just need to find time to finish it off (one of these days)... Fun little car to drive if the Lucas ignition cooperates
View attachment 127972
I remember a joke back in the 70s from the last page of R&T:

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
A: Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas.

This joke was tremendously sophisticated at the time, and mainly sailed right over my 12 year old head. Yet there it is, one of the only jokes I ever actually remember.

-Dan