Trouble uploading image with Mac?

TREMK

Reaction score
Having trouble uploading an image to a new thread with my mac. Tried to upload through my photos and it said the file was too big and I also tried to upload a picture of a screenshot of the image and I got the same message.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been struggling with file size also. Try downloading an app to resize them. I email them to myself and resize them when printed. It is my iPhone that does that though.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, sometimes screen shots and iPhone photos can be too large. If you don't have a dedicated photo editor like Photoshop, you can open images in Apple's Preview and choose Adjust Size from the Tools menu. I'd suggest that 1200 to 1600 pixels width would be a good size for most images. You can also crop out extraneous parts to save size. Save as .jpg as the compression is better than the .png that screen shots use.

You can also choose Adjust Color if you want to lighten some of the dark areas, not an uncommon need when shooting under the car. There is a shadows slider that works wonders and you can also move the midtone slider under the histogram to open up the midtones, which can also help an image.

Ian

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, Preview is a Mac program. The title of the thread is about Macs.

No problem, you can crop and adjust photos easily with the stock Photos app by clicking on the image and then on Edit on the upper right. There are crop tools as well as color adjustments in the Edit pane. Adobe's PS Express is also available free in the App Store and has a bit more control. There are a lot more features available if you sign in with your Adobe ID. (free) On iOS for iPads and iPhones, there doesn't seem to be any way to actually reduce the resolution of an image other than by cropping. d

Hope that helps.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where can I find Preview on my iPad? I typically crop pics until they upload.

You can go to the app store and search for “photo resize”. If you are like me and want to do things the complicated way, this is what you get when you email yourself:

1ED8EAD1-D7A2-40E9-86CD-DFC380A15DBD.jpeg

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Handy tip to reduce size of phone pad photos, stand further back and then crop your finished photo, bit of a blunt instrument but it actually works...

John