Trunk openings

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello to all. Due to a work of restoration because of little rust near the rear window, my workshop found out that openings that were closed with a sealant ☹️. Anyone knows
If there are a sort of grille or plastic cover? Any photos of an original view of this part? I searched in the net but found nothing .
Thank you!
AAB6A8AD-C191-432B-8696-2A5193ADB788.jpeg

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Show us a pic of hoses but they aren’t from the factory.
Ok, will tell to the bodyworker to take some shots! Meanwhile, I had a doubt…when I bought the car, it had mounted a LPG system , and I told the seller to remove it if he wanted to sell me the car: maybe the hoses were there to insure a way out in the event of LPG leakings?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Best argument to say they arent original is the fact that they are on the wet side of the car; if it rains, water can enter into the trunk through those holes.

The only holes in that area, are inside at the junction of the parcel shelf and the bottom of the rear window.

Weld em up.

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Hans woonboot

Reaction score
hello Stefano, it is true that there are 2 elongated holes on both sides. at the bottom of the rear window there are 4 holes. the water from the hose comes out at my rear wheel. my e9 was built in december 1968. the VIN number is 169. greeting HansIMG_20220403_141901731.jpgIMG_20220403_141550015.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hello Stefano, it is true that there are 2 elongated holes on both sides. at the bottom of the rear window there are 4 holes. the water from the hose comes out at my rear wheel. my e9 was built in december 1968. the VIN number is 169. greeting HansView attachment 138723View attachment 138725

this is extraordinary, they look very "factory" to me; super-early cars ?

wow !!!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hello Stefano, it is true that there are 2 elongated holes on both sides. at the bottom of the rear window there are 4 holes. the water from the hose comes out at my rear wheel. my e9 was built in december 1968. the VIN number is 169. greeting HansView attachment 138723View attachment 138725
It just seems strange to me that BMW would secure that drain hose with a piece of plumbers tape and a slotted screw.