TSD Rally Info for CA & OR

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you are at all interested in trying a Time-Speed-Distance rally, the best way to start is to attend a rally school.
You may run any car in these (but I'd love to see your E9).

The Sacramento Valley Region Rally team will be holding a road rally school on Saturday, February 24th from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon at Porsche Rocklin. The classroom instruction will be followed by a short rally from 1:00 to 4:00 pm to practice your newly learned skills. To register go to: http://msreg.com/2024RallySchool.
For more details on the rally school open the flier below.
TSD Rally School flyer 2024--- FINAL revised again.pdf

Portland, OR Cascade Sports Car Club February 17 – Rally School – Start the season with a virtual review of time-speed-distance road rally rules and procedures on Friday evening. Then run a practice road rally on Saturday morning to test your driving skills and navigational knowledge. They have a series of Saturday rallys & more. https://cascadegeargrinders.org/ http://www.cascadegeargrinders.org/files/cscc-road-rally-flyer-2024.pdf

Portland, OR Alfa Romeo Owners of Oregon AROO will have a rally school in March, then a series of Sunday rallys leading up to the Northwest Classic 2 day classic car rally. see https://www.alfaclub.org/AROO_Rally_Cup_Series.html

I hope to see you there,
Bill

Last edited:

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’d love to take part in 2024. My e9 speedometer is off by at least 10% on the slow side, odometer in my 2002 is non operational and my NK has a KM speedo. I assume GPS speedometers are not allowed. Time to figure why my e9 speedo is off and get my 02 speedo repaired.
I notice the Lewis and Clark Rally website is down. Do you know if they’re still around?

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bill have you done timing with Richta GPS Checkpoints? sure beats having to sit out there and wait for cars to drive by
Scott - although we actually enjoy running checkpoints, Richta is the new standard & has advantages for both the rallymaster & the competitors.
Are you in Georgia? Do you have many opportunities to rally there?

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’d love to take part in 2024. My e9 speedometer is off by at least 10% on the slow side, odometer in my 2002 is non operational and my NK has a KM speedo. I assume GPS speedometers are not allowed. Time to figure why my e9 speedo is off and get my 02 speedo repaired.
I notice the Lewis and Clark Rally website is down. Do you know if they’re still around?
John - so long as the odometer is consistent, you can work with it (even the NK). Palo Alto Speedometer rebuilt mine, so it is very consistent, but still off a few percent.

Lewis & Clark is on hold at this time, it may be revived (or not), only time will tell. Really too bad, as it was a really great rally.

I would recommend starting out with the AROO Rally Cup series, it's right in your back yard, you can run any car, & it's great practice for the Classic. We will be there! Cascade runs slightly different rules but offers lots of opportunity to rally.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey Bill,

i used to be one of the rally chairs for Peachstate PCA and was instrumental in the implemention of Rich's product here and used it for about 4 years. PCA is still running rallies here but i dropped my membership as i didn't like the direction they were going. the club i was a member of for about 12 years - GSCC disbanded about 5 years or so ago due to not enough people willing to put on events due to one thing or another. that group put on the Oktoberfest rally for BMWCCA in 2008 or so. so i haven't been doing any rallies recently although this year i am going to put on a rally for the guys i used to rally with at GSCC and use the Richta checkpoints app and see if we can revive that group.