Turn light mystery.

atan888

Reaction score
Right turn signal works but Left signal does not. Both lights work when the Hazard is on. Does anyone had the same problem before? Thanks in advance.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the turn signals are wired to the hazard relay, so a defective relay may be the culprit here.

D-jetronic

Reaction score
Same problem

Had the same problem once and turned out to be the switch control itself.After checking horn, lightstop, windshield washer, I took off the switch to find a tiny spring broken.

John S

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 3.0 csi and like others have mentioned, it turned out to be a bad hazard switch.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is my take, the relay is good because the hazard blinks fine. It is either the stalk switch itself or the hazard switch. If you have the euro function of one side parking lights working with ignition off by putting the turn stalk on left or right position you can determine if it is the stalk or the hazard switch. My bet is that it is the hazard switch itself as it has a higher failure rate.

atan888

Reaction score
^^ Just tried it and both side of the park lamps do work. Still my left signal does not work =(. Hmmm....

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
^^ Just tried it and both side of the park lamps do work. Still my left signal does not work =(. Hmmm....

Good, so we are down to hazard switch. You can unplug it and bypass it to confirm that is the case before you buy a new one. I can't tell which pins to bypass cause the tech section is down... I think it is written in a previous thread. Also note how many pins the switch has because there are two variants you can order.

JhwShark

Reaction score
Alvin,
How about if I come over Wed afternoon with my wiring diagram and help you? I am usually very good with auto electonics.

I will belatedly pick up the map light when I come over. How is 2:30?
I'll bring my volt/continuity meter if you need one.
Jon

Tundra

Reaction score
doesn't the light bulb in the indicator have two glow elements?
one for park light and one for the indicator?

Yes it does. At least mine does. Look at the bulb and see if there are two elements and both are good. As per attached picture, back of bulb also has two contact points as does the Turn signal receptacle, see picture of the back of it. Black wire is ground. One of the two contact points of the bulb may not have good contact indside the housig. As previously said it could also be the actual turn signal switch or hazard switch.

Attachments

• SNC12939.jpg
    SNC12939.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 86
  • SNC12941.jpg
    SNC12941.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 86

JhwShark

Reaction score
For the record, my Euro has the single element bulb and single wire, no parking element.

On my '72 euro 2002 I modified the light assembly (it was the euro non-bulging profile lamp assembly) to include a/the parking/running light so I could have the lens illuminating while driving at night with the headlights on. It also worked as a euro parking light such that when parked and off, if the turn signal was turned to left, the left parking element illuminated.

I am considering doing this to my coupe.
Jon

Andre, is the coupe Taiga and csi?