Two Coupes on BaT, NMNA

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
had not seen any posts here, so I thought I would share.

148A812C-C3E2-4D6D-ADEE-65E7C7981A3D.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
will be interesting to see what a white automatic 2800cs brings in. the granatrot csi is off to a good start. haven't really looked at the pics closely, or read about the history - seeing that color almost makes me want to forego ceylon and go that route ... but that might delay things further. i am promised that it will be finished in 50 days

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 2800 automatic Chamonix was bid to $26k, no sale with reserve not met.

@saifs, we will be watching for yours to close, hopefully the last minute bidding will get you to the price needed!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
CSi is lovely, but not too crazy about the mis-matched front seats. Prefer both being LX rather than the driver's being an LX-C.

Also...what is going on w/that passenger's floor pan? Need more pics of that area plus the rockers and behind the fusebox/glovebox.

1973_bmw_3-0csi_15915674675bd7f27fe0ff0426c0IMG_4112-scaled.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hard to believe that the granatrot CSi is only at 22.5k with 5+ hours to go. its not a perfect coupe ... but its much nicer than many

jmackro

Reaction score
hard to believe that the granatrot CSi is only at 22.5k with 5+ hours to go. its not a perfect coupe ... but its much nicer than many

... and it too failed to reach reserve. Bid to $33,000. I guess BaT just isn't the place to sell a coupe, at least not this week. I could understand why bidding was weak on the white 2800CS earlier in the week, but the granatrot CSi sure seemed nicer than $33K.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it isn't a perfect coupe, but it is a decent coupe. not a 60k+ car ... but much higher than mid 30k.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm still surprised at the white car in Florida sitting on CL for months at $24k. Not trying to be cute, but auctions aren't "should have been" things. It looks right now like there are fewer buyers in the lower ranges below $40k or $50k. It makes sense because most of those cars need things and folks are generally less willing to take on risk right now. That can always change with the right car bringing in the right 2 buyers, and one would think a CSi would be that car, but it literally "is what it is" in an auction.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BaT has listed 77 E9s since December of 2015. Excluding the one Batmobile, here is what they sold for (or bid to if they didn't sell)...

0-10k 2
11-20k 5
21-30k 14
31-40k 19
41-50k 6
51-60k 6
61-70k 6
71-80k 9
81-90k 3
91-100k 0
>100k 6

I think BaT has become a good (maybe the best) marker for collector car values. Especially for those make/models that they have put 50+ at auction. It becomes relatively easy to find several cars that ran on BaT close to the condition of the one you own or the one you are looking at to purchase and determine how the market values it.

I usually don't put much stock in Hagerty valuations. I can't find how they determine their values but I suspect they either come from insured values...and most of us over insure due to the low cost of doing so...or big name auction houses catering to high end cars and deep pocket buyers where the seller nets far less than the "selling price" due to entrance fees, commissions, transport costs, etc.

43% of the BaT E9 offerings sold for or bid to between $21-40k. The median is in the high 30's. The two cars that ran recently on BaT were bid very close to how E9s in similar condition have been running on BaT. In any case (IMO), the market has spoken.