Tx: 1971 2800cs - ~$7k

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks - I had seen the name 'jabberjaw' on another thread referencing some of the top E9 restorations. I was looking for info on Paul Cain's car at the time.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who owns that nice silver 3.5 they feature in that ad? I love that Silver on Red treatment. Was red available as an interior color when these cars were new?

Yes, the leather color was called "veloursred". Believe it was fitted to mostly Chamoix white coupes and to a much lower extent, silver coupes. Must say I love the silver and red combo.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just an observation: It seems the restorer/seller is continuing work on the car - and offering it at steadily increasing prices as they get more of it complete. Makes sense. But it is funny to think that this methodology essentially is asking the buyer to pay the seller to stop working on the car. Rather, the buyer is credited by having them stop work. This is an interesting way to set up a resto/sale - kind of like it. :)

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
Another odd thing: the last three photos in the CL ad seem to be of a different car, with California plates. What's with that?

e9 shark2.jpg

Last edited: