Tyre Size

restart

Reaction score
You might want to see if you can find a pic with those sizes. It's all personal taste of course but IMO I don't think that 225 rear and 185 is going to look too good.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Ian_fegan
you are from ireland, close enough to England
and now i wonder what is the need in looking for other sizes than the original ? ....and using blockleys...

talk to Julian, he is a gentleman, a true spirited car lover and a fantastic racer in his pre and post-war cars

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
@deQuincey; Thanks for the above. I had no firm agenda one way or another with this project, only to take a sensible approach to what was right for the car and also to at least consider what I already have by way of existing tyres. That said, I have contacted Julian and have a recommendation from him to use 205/70VR14 Blockley Tyres @£149.00 each . I had not heard of Blockley before, so thanks a million for this. I think I will be pursuing this course of action. I don't need the tyres for about 8 weeks, so happy to consider any other proposals in the meanwhile. Thanks again deQuincey and others....

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
@deQuincey; Thanks for the above. I had no firm agenda one way or another with this project, only to take a sensible approach to what was right for the car and also to at least consider what I already have by way of existing tyres. That said, I have contacted Julian and have a recommendation from him to use 205/70VR14 Blockley Tyres @£149.00 each . I had not heard of Blockley before, so thanks a million for this. I think I will be pursuing this course of action. I don't need the tyres for about 8 weeks, so happy to consider any other proposals in the meanwhile. Thanks again deQuincey and others....

yes i wrote this some time ago,

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/yes-another-tyre-thread-anyone-blockleys.21924/

Wiscosh

Reaction score
On the 14 and 15 inch wheels, what is the width? It is one thing to put 225s on a 7 inch wheel, but are people going above 195 on a 6 inch width wheel?